• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Shopping preferences when buying skis

ela

Hello! We are students form Slovenia. As a part of a project work, we are doing a research on shopping habits when buying skis. The survey is aimed at women who ski. Please take two complete this survey (https://1ka.arnes.si/a/18689)

Thank you :)

abc

You mean views? It’s not clear it’s intended for females by thread title. You have to read the OP to learn that.
You're quite right. (though on the laptop, I can hover over the title and read the message without opening it)

If a guy said that someone would be "hurt"...
Not the women on here. You've got to have really thick skin (and half blind with cataract) to stay on this board... :(

(I'll sit back and see if anyone take the bait ;) )

KustyTheKlown

its an internet message board. most women dont give a shit for such things. almost any internet forum skews heavily male. except for, like, upper east side moms facebook groups.

abc

its an internet message board. most women dont give a shit for such things. almost any internet forum skews heavily male. except for, like, upper east side moms facebook groups.
There's however a thriving women skier message board. :)

Granted, the tones are very different. Majority of male dominated mb are full of chest thumping "I'm more hardcore than thou". Majority of women specific mb are all about making everyone feels good. So there's a lot of fluff. Many messages often start with "you're not along/it's alright too feel that way" before getting on with the actual message. ;)

Long time ago, I belonged to a women mountain biking forum. That was the most neutral mb I've been on. Unfortunately, the owner, a high school student, went to college and got tired of fending off all the guys who try to register.

parahelia

I'm a woman, but don't read the women's skier boards - they're not what I'm looking for. Almost all of my skiing is in Maine so it's not useful when the discussion is heavy on the western resorts. I want to hear about what's going on in NE skiing, for the most part - conditions at XYZ, trail discussion, crowd prognostications, lift install rumblings. Don't want to use Facebook, so this seems like the best place for that type of conversation.

abc

I want to hear about what's going on in NE skiing, for the most part - conditions at XYZ, trail discussion, crowd prognostications, lift install rumblings. Don't want to use Facebook, so this seems like the best place for that type of conversation.
Yes, take away the insults and antagonism, this is the closest thing to being that "best place"