• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Butternut - 1/28/05

skijay

Resort: Ski Butternut

Date Skied: 01/28/05

Conditions: 19 degrees, lots of sun, no wind, packed snow

Trip Report:

I had to take an exam at 8:30 am this morning and was hoping to be done before the 3 ½ hour time limit. I had packed my car the night before and if I was done by 11:00am, I would go skiing. The test was easy and I was done by 11:00 am, and passed, so I headed to Ski Butternut for some midweek skiing. I was going to reap the snow rewards from the past two storms.

On the way up I could see the snow guns at work. The first run down from the TF Quad was Upper Applejack. This was the first time that I have been there and it was open. They did have a snow gun going at the top of the trail.

The TF Quad and the Overbrook triple were the lifts servicing the main mountain. I had the terrain park on Twist (I think that is the trail) to myself to practice my jumps. Around 2pm, a wave of kids arrived. Possibly a PE class from a local school.

I like to ski midweek when I have the chance. Today with the sunny skies and beautiful snow, I will say this is the best day out so far! So for those of you contemplating skiing this weekend, go for it!!!!!