• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 12/14/2005 mini-TR

bvibert

Staff member
Date(s) Skied: 12/14/2005

Resort or Ski Area: Ski Sundown

Conditions: Groomed Packed Man-Made/Powder

Trip Report: I only skied for an hour or so last night after getting off of work at around 7:00 so this will be quick. The conditions were wonderful last night, if you like carving sweet turns on very edge-able snow that is. They've been making tons of snow so the coverage is excellent on all of their trails. To top it all off there was absolutely no one there! I skied right on the lift and had the trails to myself most of the time. :beer: If you're looking for something to do after work some night check them out. If I didn't have to watch my daughter tonight I'd be heading back up there for some more turns before the stupid ice storm we're supposed to get late tonight...

Catul

Sounds like nice skiing there, I should try and get out for an hour or two one of these nights - you must've been COLD last night though!!

What do you think conditions will be like Saturday morning after the frikkin' sleet/frozen crap? I imagine they'll be able to groom it well enough on Friday night so it'll be reasonably skiiable Saturday? I think I might end up there with my daughter Saturday morning ...

bvibert

Staff member
It wasn't too cold that night, I thought it was actually warmer than the night before..

Hopefully they will fair ok with all this r**n :mad: . They were stock-piling snow on wednesday night, I'm sure they saved some of that to spread around today after the r**n stops. So I think they'll be ok.