• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skier injured at Jiminy Peak

tirolerpeter

Ski Injuries

While I advocate "safe" skiing, I recognize that it is in fact, a sport with many hazards that can get you hurt. No matter how careful you are any number of conditions and situations can cause a loss of control in a dangerous location, and you can and likely will get hurt some time. All of us have had "pre-release" events, lost edges on ice, lost sight of the trail contours (especially an issue for us "older" skiers in late afternoon "flat light" conditions), or simply misjudged and gone too fast. The only way to NEVER get hurt is to stay off the mountain. But then, I have parked my car at work, opened the door, stuck my foot out on the ground, and FALLEN FLAT on my A--! So, I guess I should have stayed home that day. In fact, if we all stayed home in bed, we would likely die of coronary artery disease from lack of exercize. Life is to be lived. Be sensible, ski within your abilities, but don't live in fear, or you will end up doing and enjoying nothing You might just as well end it then live that way.

Terry

skier injured at jiminy

Well put tyrolerpeter- we can't stick our head in the sand all our lives. We might as well enjoy life!!!! I just try not to take unnecessary risks, but don't stop doing the things I enjoy because I might get hurt!
:beer:

RossiSkier

Jiminy Peak is a magnet for newbies and neverbeens on weekends, and doubley on fair weather weekends. You can seem them by the LEGIONS skiing in hoodies, jean jackets, and dungarees. This is the setback of Jiminy as it resides so close to many cities. I'm sure this gentleman did not have a helmut. Has has our prayers.