• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2014-15 Edition

catherine

Gunstock is looking for teams for its Monday Race League. 10 weeks of skiing and 8 weeks of racing for only $150. Two of the weeks are night skiing. Works out to $18.75 a day if you don't go at night. Don't think you can get cheaper than that!

gunstock poster.jpg

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

I wish I could make that trip. I have been wanting to go for years. But I don't think my wife would let me leave for a weekend with two kids under 2

The question is less whether she would let you leave than whether she would let you come back

- signed divorced dad

skifree

already posted but with this new storm worth a re-post

Founders Day

Friday December 12

Founders Day

Time:

All Day

All Mountain

Description:

Mount Snow has one of the most colorful and interesting histories of any resort in the ski industry thanks in large part to our visionary founder and National Ski Areas Association Hall of Fame member, Walter Schoenknecht. To celebrate our great history we have decided that December 12, Mount Snow’s birthday, will be known as Founders Day! This year being our 60th Annivesary, we decided to celebrate the entire weekend. Check out a collection of awesome memorabilia from Mount Snow’s past, enjoy a piece of birthday cake and toast to many more years of fun

Here are some of the fun things we have planned for Founder's Day
•$12 Lift Ticket Deal for Friday, December 12 only. (must purchase 24 hours in advance online, use link below)
•Mount Snow History Museum near Tony's Pizza
•Lift Line Giveaways
•Founders Brewing Tap Takeover in Station Tap Room with Live Music ◦Taste the extremely rare, Kentucky Breakfast Stout
◦Plus, 5 additional taps pouring various Founders Brewing Co. Beers
◦Live Music from 3pm-7pm

SPECIAL LIFT TICKET DEAL

As part of the celebration we are offering $12 full day lift tickets valid on December 12th when you purchase online at least 24 hours in advance. Quantities are limited so use the link below to buy your tickets now!

BUY NOW

Smellytele

already posted but with this new storm worth a re-post

founders day

friday december 12

founders day

time:

All day

All mountain

description:

Mount snow has one of the most colorful and interesting histories of any resort in the ski industry thanks in large part to our visionary founder and national ski areas association hall of fame member, walter schoenknecht. To celebrate our great history we have decided that december 12, mount snow’s birthday, will be known as founders day! This year being our 60th annivesary, we decided to celebrate the entire weekend. Check out a collection of awesome memorabilia from mount snow’s past, enjoy a piece of birthday cake and toast to many more years of fun

here are some of the fun things we have planned for founder's day
•$12 lift ticket deal for friday, december 12 only. (must purchase 24 hours in advance online, use link below)
•mount snow history museum near tony's pizza
•lift line giveaways
•founders brewing tap takeover in station tap room with live music ◦taste the extremely rare, kentucky breakfast stout
◦plus, 5 additional taps pouring various founders brewing co. Beers
◦live music from 3pm-7pm

special lift ticket deal

as part of the celebration we are offering $12 full day lift tickets valid on december 12th when you purchase online at least 24 hours in advance. Quantities are limited so use the link below to buy your tickets now!

Buy now

link?

gmcunni

at costco

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2265.jpg
    IMG_2265.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 286

VTKilarney

The Eastern Townships can make for a cheap mid-week trip thanks to Liftopia. Orford is $26 on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Owl's Head is less than $30 on every day that I checked. They have a $20 (non-Liftopia) rate on Tuesdays and Wednesdays beginning January 6th. They are fun hills to combine with a Jay Peak trip if you are looking for a change of scenery.

dlague

The Eastern Townships can make for a cheap mid-week trip thanks to Liftopia. Orford is $26 on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Owl's Head is less than $30 on every day that I checked. They have a $20 (non-Liftopia) rate on Tuesdays and Wednesdays beginning January 6th. They are fun hills to combine with a Jay Peak trip if you are looking for a change of scenery.

The RSNE card also:

Ride & Ski Cardholders always pay

Tuesday & Wednesday: $20 lift ticket

Thursday-Sunday: up to 30% off lift tickets

Ski&Stay: Slope side room with breakfast
starting at $95 per person, taxes included

VTKilarney

The $95 Owl's Head ski & stay promotion is available to the general public on their website.

I'm not sure that it's a great deal given how cheap the ski tickets are. It is per-person, so on Tuesdays and Wednesdays two people sharing the room are paying $150 for the room and breakfast. Still, it's got to be one of the cheapest options out there for genuine trailside lodging.

chuckstah

Sunday River has night skiing this Sat 12/13 for $5. Chondola and S Ridge.
4-8 pm

603Skier

On the skinh.com website...
It's the Season of Giving at Ski NH Resorts

On December 5th, Ragged Mountain Resort hosted Benefit Day where 100% of the proceeds from the sale of lift tickets that day were donated to Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock. The event was a huge success and at the end of the day they were able to donate $10,000 to CHaD.

Other resorts in NH give back to local communities as well. Here's a list on how resort are helping local communities:

Cannon Mountain - Toys for Tots Drive on Saturday, December 13th. Bring a new, unwrapped toy and receive a voucher for 50% off a full day ticket.

Kine Pine Ski Area - Opening Day is Friday, December 12th, and you can ski and ride all day for only $20. Donate non-perishable food items and receive $1 off for each item received ($5 discount per person max).

Loon Mountain - Ring In The Winter. Bring in a gently used winter garment now through Tuesday, December 16 to help people stay warm this winter.

Mount Sunapee - Cares & Shares Day on Sunday, December 14th. Bring 5 non-perishable food items to the ticket window and ski for only $35.

BenedictGomez

The Ski Ride Free gas station list is out. I wont have time until maybe Sunday night, but I'll be making my GPS map as usual if anyone wants it.

The good? Vermont gas stations are greatly improved this year, especially where there was some obvious holes, like Chittendon/Franklin counties.

The bad? Whiteface is no longer participating.

www.skiridefree.com

catherine

Attitash has a Tuesday Race League. $100 for 9 weeks of racing with all mountain access. The sign up is Tues, 16 December.