• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Smuggs Intel

Kleetus

Debating heading up to Smuggs on Saturday but haven't seen too many reports from there in a while. Was curious how it's skiing and if it's gotten crusty or has remained midwinter conditions due to the exposure. Also thinking about maybe making a run at Jay.

I have a ticket to each place plus some to a few other areas( k mart, MRG) I need to burn but am torn if I should wait it out for a weekend with better snow or spring skiing prospects. Basically have 4 wknds of tickets left so getting a little nervous not burning at least one this wknd.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Brad J

was there last Sat. pretty firm ' especially lower Mt. coverage good, they need snow or 40's temp for a great day

chuckstah

Skied great on Monday. Lots of fresh in the glades. Trails were a bit firm at lower elevations.

loki357

from what i saw/heard in some video's posted of mid to late this week, the southern facing woods off sterling hardened up a lot after the wet snow on Tuesday. seems like it will be boiler plate. North North east facing BC should be better.