• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowmaking On Cruiser

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
For the Loon fans, Cruiser on South Peak has T2B snowmaking going on right now. Pretty cool to be in downtown Lincoln and see all the guns blaring away from summit to base! Snowmaking going on North Peak and many other areas to patch up what the evil rain did

cannonist

They had been going on Boom Run to... I guess the rain killed that. It's a shame that the storm that hit Cannon didnt hit Loon.

Telemechanic

They had been going on Boom Run to... I guess the rain killed that. It's a shame that the storm that hit Cannon didnt hit Loon.

The whales on Boom Run are waiting to be groomed out, they weathered the rain well. It should be open this weekend. Yesterday the rain turned to snow around 8:00pm but only amounted to 2 inches. At least it looks like winter again.

bigbob

I skied Loon yesterday and conditions were not to bad considering. One thing I noticed was expansion was ongoing with only a few trail being resurfaced. Hopefully we do not get anymore NCP events. The base on a lot of trails was very thin with groomer burn throughs in spots. Lots of snow was being made in the park, which in my opinion should be the last area to receive love from the guns since it serves such a small percentage of the snow sliding public. I would not call the surface icy, was very bite able. I did notice a water line break in the middle of one trail.

WakeboardMom

For the Loon fans, Cruiser on South Peak has T2B snowmaking going on right now. Pretty cool to be in downtown Lincoln and see all the guns blaring away from summit to base! Snowmaking going on North Peak and many other areas to patch up what the evil rain did

Awesome!! Thanks for that visual...can't wait!