• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Something to cheer about hopefully!!!!!

djd66

Do you not carry a credit card? Quite honestly, I never carry cash, it’s a pita. Card or Apple Pay is all I use.

Reactions: Edd

cdskier

Absolute waste of time...aren't there more important things for politicians to focus on?

Maybe next they should propose a bill to require all parking lots to have spaces for your horse and carriage to be tied up as well. I don't see any reason to force private businesses to accept cash if they don't want to. If consumers don't like it, they can go to another business that does accept cash.

PAabe

Parking lots around me usually have a rail and sometimes even a shade roof for your horse. Wal mart actually has the largest and nicest

puckoach

Bill filed. Not voted on. Has passed a few initial procedural hurdles.

I believe business owners and employees prefer cashless. The closing of bank branches, has made depositing and securing change banks a challenge.

I have embraced cashless both personally and professionally.

Cash back and free air flights are my focus. Just got 80,000 miles credit for spending $1,000. Which will become 4 to 5 free trips.

Always try for cashless at our businesses locations, if client will accept.

skiur

Banks even charge you for counting large sums of cash now. The only place I still pay with cash is at my barber as he only excepts cash.

cdskier

Banks even charge you for counting large sums of cash now. The only place I still pay with cash is at my barber as he only excepts cash.
I tend to pay in cash if it is smaller amounts or maybe just a local independently owned store where I'd rather try to save the business owner the CC fees. Barber is a great example. My barber accepts credit, but I still paid that in cash yesterday. My local bagel shop is another place I pay in cash. At a chain or bigger corporate business, I'll pay in credit and take the rewards points.

I don't particularly have a problem with cash, moreso I have a problem with the government mandating that a business has to accept it. If a business wants to be cashless, fine with me if they think it is best for them for whatever reason. If a business wants to be cash-only, also fine with me.

abc

Wow. We need a law to tell establishments to accept cash? Crazy.
Not crazy at all.

A growing number of establishments are refusing to accept cash.

It’s an artifact of Covid. But a lot of establishments realize the convenience of no longer need to take the cash to the bank. Nor do they have to worry about robberies if there’s no cash at the store. It’s annoying to accept the occasional cash and having to deal with it.

But for people who take cash as their main income (low level labor type of job), their options of where to spend their money is narrowing.

Vter

^^^ Your exactly what sucks about Resort skiing, eating, housing…basically your whole existence in this world is for you, yet you try to preach that a cashless world is better for mankind, but the less-than-you people may suffer. I’m not hurting for $ in my little world & everyone loves my cash. I would never visit an establishment that does not except real green, EVER !!!

Lol, Your the Guy I put my back in the snow, strapped up your car, dug around your wheels with a steel shovel & pulled out your pos ass that was driving too fast…out of a snow Bank with my truck on a “powder morning”. Oh, you had all the gear for your selfish elite ass, but when I suggested you might toss some cash my way for breakfast after 8 hrs of plowing…you said, “I only have a card, man, follow me off of Luce Hill and I’ll pay for a breakfast sandwich for you…” my exact words,
“Enjoy the powder & Fuck You !”

I hauled 25-30 (legal) immigrant workers (Mexico) working 24 hr rotating shifts here in Vermont for 6 months, then took them to the big store for grosseries on Sundays. They did not have ATM cards.

Stay home with your thin wallet, Asshole.

djd66

If you own the business, it completely within your right to decide how you want to get paid for the goods and services you sell. Some businesses are cash only, some only accept credit cards, some don’t accept American Express , some take EBT cards,….

it sounds like you are a cash only business.

it’s called the free market.

raisingarizona

^^^ Your exactly what sucks about Resort skiing, eating, housing…basically your whole existence in this world is for you, yet you try to preach that a cashless world is better for mankind, but the less-than-you people may suffer. I’m not hurting for $ in my little world & everyone loves my cash. I would never visit an establishment that does not except real green, EVER !!!

Lol, Your the Guy I put my back in the snow, strapped up your car, dug around your wheels with a steel shovel & pulled out your pos ass that was driving too fast…out of a snow Bank with my truck on a “powder morning”. Oh, you had all the gear for your selfish elite ass, but when I suggested you might toss some cash my way for breakfast after 8 hrs of plowing…you said, “I only have a card, man, follow me off of Luce Hill and I’ll pay for a breakfast sandwich for you…” my exact words,

I hauled 25-30 (legal) immigrant workers (Mexico) working 24 hr rotating shifts here in Vermont for 6 months, then took them to the big store for grosseries on Sundays. They did not have ATM cards.

Wow. That's very aggressive.

skiur

Sounds to me you have some issues with anger you should probably do something about before you have a stroke. It isn't healthy.