• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sonic Arrives in New England

ctenidae

If I have enough pitcher's of beer(ice cold schwag is my wing beer of choice ;) ) to accompany my occasional wing craving, most any wing will pass the taste bud test

Does Hooters still list Killian's as an imported beer? They did 15 years ago. Come to think of it, don't think I've been to a Hooters since.

Glenn

Same thing with Pizza in New England. Just doesn't compare to NYC area. I hear there are a couple of good pie places in New Haven, but that's about it.

I grew up in Western Mass. I didn't have real pizza until I went to college in CT. Real pizza has triangular slices, the dough is fresh, and it's not piled with 28 different toppings. Pizza should never, under any condition, have "inside" slices...seriously.

drjeff

I grew up in Western Mass. I didn't have real pizza until I went to college in CT. Real pizza has triangular slices, the dough is fresh, and it's not piled with 28 different toppings. Pizza should never, under any condition, have "inside" slices...seriously.

The only real "gimmicky" pizza thing that I will admit to liking is the cheese filled stuffed crust :) Melted cheese inside of a GOOD yeasty crust makes my taste buds very happy, and can also make a cr@ppy crust more tolerable IMHO

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Does Hooters still list Killian's as an imported beer? They did 15 years ago. Come to think of it, don't think I've been to a Hooters since.

There are still restaurants around that list micro brews... hell even some macro-micro brews like SA as "imports" only because they're not made by Bud, Miller or Coors.

I wish I could remember which restaurants so I would remember not to eat there ever again.

Paul

Same thing with Pizza in New England. Just doesn't compare to NYC area. I hear there are a couple of good pie places in New Haven, but that's about it.

Interesting considering the "NYC Style" was adapted from New Haven. Those great pizza joints in Brooklyn etc? That was born in places like Pepe's, Modern, and others in New Haven.