• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stenger and Quiros Ousted from Management of Jay Peak and Burke

BenedictGomez

Beyond all that, however, this is the most important part of that article:

Quiros does not have enough frozen liquid assets to pay for the amount he has requested

Translated, Quiros is nowhere near as rich as people believed. Secondly, beyond the high-dollar real estate and some luxury cars, etc....where the hell is all the money?

Puck it

Beyond all that, however, this is the most important part of that article:

Translated, Quiros is nowhere near as rich as people believed. Secondly, beyond the high-dollar real estate and some luxury cars, etc....where the hell is all the money?
Spent it all on signage for his ego. Q this and Q that, you know.

fbrissette

I would fully expect him to argue he has no money, even if he has stashed 50 millions in the Cayman Islands.

River19

Like I said (along with BG and many others) every clue was there to suggest they had no real deep pool of money. Anything they couldn't legally spend EB-5 money on was cut down to roughly cash out = cash in....as cash in dropped steadily due to significant lack of Q-business skill so did cash out in the form of cutting damn near everything and everyone.

And then for the true naysayers it became clear as day with the whole "hotel is done but can't pay the last $5M" situation. If you are a big enough player to be managing a supposed $300M+ set of projects, you should have access to $5-10M within at least a few business days; and with this "ownership" crew I will caveat the "access to $" through legal means without committing fraud.

I agree with the dude on FB......free up a snowmaking salary from Burke for Q. maybe sell a few old Army jeeps to raise capital and cut that unfortunate $3000/mo maintenance fee.

halfpintvt

[h=1]Offshore account in Ary's name listed on the ICIJ web site. Wonder if there is any $$ in it?

ICIJ · The International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (https://offshoreleaks.icij.org )

MAYTEL (B.V.I.) LIMITED[/h]
  • Connected to 1 intermediary
  • Connected to 1 address
  • Connected to 1 officer

• Data from: Offshore Leaks
  • Agent: Portcullis Trustnet
  • The offshore leaks data is current through 2010
  • Search in

[h=2]Connections[/h]
[h=3]Officer[/h]
RoleFrom To Data From
QUIROS ARY ANTHONYShareholder2007-04-22-Offshore Leaks
Portcullis TrustNet (BVI) LimitedRecords & registers--Offshore Leaks

[h=3]Intermediary[/h]
[h=3]Address[/h]

yeggous

[h=1]Offshore account in Ary's name listed on the ICIJ web site. Wonder if there is any $$ in it?

ICIJ · The International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (https://offshoreleaks.icij.org )

MAYTEL (B.V.I.) LIMITED[/h]
  • Connected to 1 address
  • Connected to 1 officer

• Data from: Offshore Leaks
  • Agent: Portcullis Trustnet
  • The offshore leaks data is current through 2010
  • Search in

[h=2]Connections[/h]
[h=3]Officer[/h]
RoleFrom To Data From
QUIROS ARY ANTHONYShareholder2007-04-22-Offshore Leaks
Portcullis TrustNet (BVI) LimitedRecords & registers--Offshore Leaks

[h=3]Intermediary[/h]
[h=3]Address[/h]

Well done. How did you come across this? I guess now we all know where the money is.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

I'd expect quite a bit of money to be hidden and ferreted away into hard, durable assets that cannot be easily found and quickly "erased" electronically as well - gold, diamonds, etc...

cdskier

I'd expect quite a bit of money to be hidden and ferreted away into hard, durable assets that cannot be easily found and quickly "erased" electronically as well - gold, diamonds, etc...

Do you think Quiros is smart enough to do that? I wouldn't be surprised if it was sitting in an offshore account labelled "money stolen from EB5 investors."

River19

Do you think Quiros is smart enough to do that? I wouldn't be surprised if it was sitting in an offshore account labelled "money stolen from EB5 investors."

"Money Stolen from EB-5 Investors - FBO - Crack Mechanics"

BenedictGomez

On a stupidity scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the smartest, and 10 being the dumbest, Shumlin thinks Vermonters are about 3,804.

Mr. Shumlin accompanied the developers abroad to recruit investors and appeared in a promotional video for Mr. Stenger in which he said the projects were audited, though they were not; Mr. Shumlin has said that he misspoke regarding the audit and the video was taken down. “There isn’t a human being on this earth, when you go through a disappointment like this, that doesn’t ask, ‘Couldn’t something have been done to find this sooner?’ ” Mr. Shumlin said in an interview. “We all wish the answer were yes, we all wish we got subpoena power to look at accounts earlier. But there was no reason to believe that what the developers were representing wasn’t true.”

River19

On a stupidity scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the smartest, and 10 being the dumbest, Shumlin thinks Vermonters are about 3,804.

Totally agree...what a friggin' joke, and a kick in the groin at the same time. Vermonters should be insulted by this crap.

"....there was no reason to believe that what developers were representing wasn't true"........except for all the obvious stuff that suggested what the developers were representing wasn't true. Seriously, the BS is strong with this one.

As far as this whole Quiros request to have his properties back etc........ one question Mr. Quiros......"Did you buy both Jay Peak and Burke Mountain with funds which originated with EB-5 investors?"........and every indication is "yes" and even he admits it but he calls those funds his "profits".......given that, I believe Quiros owns exactly jack squat when it comes to ski areas in the NEK. So here is a big old cup of nuthin' which is 100% of your ownership stake in both mountains. Fraud.

I had a tough day.......I feel better now......

JoeB-Z

Shumlin is shameless. Note that this was a public-private "partnership". "the Vermont EB-5 Regional Center is a USCIS Designated Regional Center that is owned, controlled, and supervised directly by the state of Vermont’s Agency of Commerce and Community Development (and was the first of its kind in terms of ownership). According to the website, the state’s involvement in EB-5 projects provides the “unique advantages” of governmental oversight, monitoring, and credibility “without added cost or administrative burden” to businesses seeking EB-5 funding."

Obviously, the state abdicated its oversight and monitoring roles while whoring out it's credibility on Shumlin's watch. Shameless Shumlin should just resign and leave.

Il pesce comincia a puzzare dalla testa.