• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton - 2/14 & 2/15

crombie

Code:
Date(s) Skied: Mon. 2/14 & Tue. 2/15

Resort or Ski Area: Stratton

Conditions: Packed Powder Mon. - *Not so Hot* on Tue.

Trip Report: Second part of my extended Vermont ski trip. See Jay Peak for the other one.

We got to Stratton on Sunday evening, and checked into the Lift Line lodge ($49 pp / pd ski & stay - what a deal). Got up early Monday morning, had breakfast and went to the top of the mountain on the gondola. Lots of grooming had been done on the mountain, and there was a lot of corduroy everywhere.

We had a lot of fun skiing everywhere, I snuck off and did Lower Slalom Glade and World Cup (moguls) and managed to find myself alone doing moguls. Managed to have a great run, though I'm still working on getting a good speed, and feel out of shape when I have to stop halfway down. :)

We took the 20 min. course so we could go in the "features" areas that required a pass (like the half-pipe), and we enjoyed skiing the half pipe (still working on getting above the lip, but I managed to touch it).

On Mon. it snowed a bit, but I knew it was going to turn to rain. Tuesday's conditions were less than ideal. There was an inch thick layer of crunchy ice on top of the snow, and grooming wasn't done at all. It made it really tough to turn (you did so in slow motion), and my wife kept falling.

So we decided to leave early. After having 3 days of good skiing, why have a bad fourth? We each managed to get a $30 voucher that doesn't expire for a future visit to Stratton. Since it's our favorite mountain, it won't be a problem getting used.

The glades did not look so hot so I avoided them the whole weekend. Really wish there had been more snow.