• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton ticket price for 08 09

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Ok, I'm trying to complete my lift ticket survey but Stratton is the lone holdout for online info. Anyone know what they are going to charge for a single day, adult, all lifts holiday/weekend lift ticket? I'll have to pickup the phone if all else fails!

pepperdawg

Ok, I'm trying to complete my lift ticket survey but Stratton is the lone holdout for online info. Anyone know what they are going to charge for a single day, adult, all lifts holiday/weekend lift ticket? I'll have to pickup the phone if all else fails!

I wanna say the walk up to ticket window on holiday weekend price is like $92?? Or is that Stowe? Both?

snosharkrider

http://www.stratton.com/tickets-and-passes/tickets/index.htm

stratton has listed every price except for their one-day w/end and holiday rates. so it might be possible to guess the one-day price by using trusty old algebra:

one dayMidweek = (72*2) or 144. two day midweek is 119. ((144/119)-1)*100 = 21%

so they are discounting a two-day purchase on a mid-week by 21%. using the same discount rate(which is an assumption)...

2 day weekend is 149. so ((149*.21)+149 = 180.29. divide by 2 and its $90 for a single day lift ticket

i'm guessing that's why they've been hesitant to post those prices.

Geoff

stratton has listed every price except for their one-day w/end and holiday rates. so it might be possible to guess the one-day price by using trusty old algebra:

so they are discounting a two-day purchase on a mid-week by 21%. using the same discount rate(which is an assumption)...

2 day weekend is 149. so ((149*.21)+149 = 180.29. divide by 2 and its $90 for a single day lift ticket

I'm not sure the math works. Weekends are their busy time so I would expect them to discount a 2-day ticket less on weekends than midweek. I'd guess they fall somewhere in the $82 to $85 zone.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

I am just finishing up my analysis. Most resorts in the Rockies are no longer posting single day prices on the web, so I had to abandon them for now. Stratton is in the "destination resort" mode. Most Eastern areas rely on day trippers for a portion of their revenue. What's different in the east is that the destination resorts have eliminated (or made virtually equivalent) price differences between weekend and weekday rates. I still have last year's rates posted, I will probably update my chart by Thankgiving. http://www.iabsi.com/public/ski/resorts_sorted_by_ticket_price.htm Stowe is always the highest. Stratton will most likely come in around $85.