• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush 12/19

Swamp Dog

So on thurday night I headed up to VT to get my son who is away at school. He happpens to be a short drive from Sugarbush and he also happens to have a pass for said mountain. So that will be our first stop n the way home.

Well, the snow was falling for most of the day but we still didn't want to leave. We were having the kind of fun that you usuaooy read about, The snow was fresh, light and powdery. Something I'm sure I've never skiied in before and probably won't see again for a long long time.

So I've never been to SB before, and have barely read some of what others have postted here about it, All I can add is that yes, it IS all of that AND a bag of chips. Everything from the lodge, ski racks, lifts, and especially the trails was top notch. It helped to seal the deal that there was some very nice fresh snow falling around us all day.

Because of that we did have to leave early, still had what turned out to be a 4 and a half hour ride hime But I cannot wait to come back. I think I drop him off at school on the 1/11 so I'll be back some time that weekend.

I also think I need a condo in the area,,,,yes I liked it THAT much!

thetrailboss

Staff member
I'm glad you had a great day and that it worked out! Saturday and Sunday were MINT powderdays! My new finacee and I enjoyed the powder!!!!

Swamp Dog

Fiancee instead of GF huh? Did this take place at SB this weekend? Either way, a big congrats to you both! :)

Can I tell you how much I loved SB? Seriously. I think when I'm done paying tuition in a few years I'll be looking for a condo over there. Love the area, love the mountain. I think it would be the perfect weekend hideaway for me.

I'll be bringing my son back to school on the 10th or 11th, haven't decided yet. But I'm planning on spending one of those days at SB again, so let me know if you'll be there that weekend.

Ellen

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yes, despite two snowstorms, we had an amazing weekend. I drove up to Burlington, proposed in her apartment, and then whisked her away to the 'Valley for a wonderful weekend at a nice B&B.

thetrailboss

Staff member
don't give in to the peer pressure :wink:

+ 1 there. It is worth waiting. Some folks in here remember that I was with someone else for a long time, and committed to her, only to have her cheat on me. That was a couple years ago...and I took time to regroup before meeting the woman that I am with now.

When you are in your younger 20's, you think you are grown up, but as I found out, you aren't. Now I see things completely differently than in my prior relationship. For the better obviously. PM for more philosophical stuff :wink:

Swamp Dog

never mind 20's. I have to confess to getting married at just barely 20. And he was 19. Now I think that should be illegal, but anyhow. That was 25 years ago and we've managed to make it work. I think it would have been different IE easier if we had waited and worked on our education and careers before having our family, but as it stands I am 45 with my youngest off in college.

Again, I would NOT recommend doing it that way and I know my husband would agree.