• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush: Nov. 18, 2007 (Seconds on Preview Weekend)

thetrailboss

Staff member
Date(s) Skied: November 18, 2007

Resort or Ski Area: Sugarbush

Conditions: PP/FG, Moguls

2007-2008 Report: 2.

Trip Report: Day 2 of the Sugarbush “Preview Weekend.” A real beauty this morning…driving up to the mountain was great with the clouds lifting off of the mountains and bluebird skies. It looked like midwinter, folks. I made good time considering that I was tired from Saturday, had a statie following me all the way from Middlesex to Waitsfield (!) and then got behind a very slow van on German Flats Road. Oy. I pulled in at about 8:40 to get a nice spot in the lot…second tier. Everyone else was still sore from Saturday I imagine…

Got booted up and headed out…on the lift at 9:04 am. It was a midwinter morning for sure…cold temps and nice blue skies.

Dropped the bag in Allyn’s and then charged down a corduroy Downspout. It was pretty firm…but nice carving. Upper Jester was nice and soft…great corduroy and worth the early morning drive. The next run I decided to hike up to the top and take in the view. Amazing…as was the fresh tracks off the top and the :eek: from people asking, “where did he come from?” Later in the morning, I saw more folks hiking up for the view…I guess I started a trend.

At 10am I met Teleo and Lostone. We were the first members of the SkiMRV gathering. We did three runs together…first one down a becoming skied-off Jester. Lostone called it…folks were not skiing Organgrinder today…but rather peering down it and saying, “boy that looks slick,” or “boy my legs are too tired,” or both. So Jester got hammered pretty quickly as did Downspout.

Still, a nice day to be out. Teleo and I did jump onto Organgrinder and both of us took a fall or two. It was a bit icy in between and the cover was getting thin on the sides…other than that, not bad.

We met back up with Lostone and did a closer down Jester to Allyn’s. I grabbed my bag and Teleo and I were some of the first skiers to ski top to bottom…Lower Downspout was covered pretty well amazingly…considering that they had not been blowing on it for too long. The very bottom was thin…and the snowguns made for interesting skiing, but it sure beat downloading. My legs were burning. We got to the bottom to find Win supervising the situation…

All in all, just the right amount for me and my sore body. I left at about 12 noon. Good sized crowd, but the icy Jester and Downspout, with some congestion, made it a bit too much.

Lostone and Teleo are good skiers. Lostone was doing his ambassador thing…even though he was going stealth. Very nice. Teleo was out for some turns…and taking time away from the kid and wife. He thought that she might get out this afternoon. I’m sure the weather was amazing. Nice meeting treeskier and seeing Strolz from a distance…going to have to take some runs later.

It was also nice running into ski resort observer. We had a great chat in the lodge. He’s a nice guy…a hell of a skier I imagine. So a good group of folks…more fun today…hope to rendezvous with you on Thursday for some more skiing and riding.

Greg

Staff member
Good to see the Bush reports. Keep 'em coming. Once they drop the ropes on the 'Rock, I'm there!

nelsapbm

Did you run into John Egan at Heaven's Gate Triple at 10? Was up at Sugarbush too for the NESM meeting on Saturday night. He told folks who wanted to ski to meet up w/him at the lift.
Stayed over in a condo there....you were on the lift before I was even awake LOL! The guns were going all night....looks to be a great season shaping up at Sugarbush!

Lostone

Actually, as we got off the Heaven's gate lift on our way down to get to the f2f, John was at the top of Organgrinder. (Made me glad I was heading down Jester! :spin: )

My report on the day is here.

And a nice pose:
Trailboss and Teleo (Formerly of the K-Zone)
t100_3174a.jpg