• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf Announces Terrain Expansion to Burnt Mountain and 10-year Development Plan

AdironRider

I have to say 7% for Mansfield is pretty good. Better than I was thinking armchair quarterbacking, and no doubt some of the best in the east.

thetrailboss

Staff member
The latest blog update with some pictures incluiding:

image.axd

image.axd

image.axd

jerryg

logs are supposed to stay and improve the habitat for critters

Makes sense. Probably part of the way they got the permits. Some logs are being cleared, but while it will take more snow to cover the glades, I'd rather have growth under there to cover rocks.

snowmonster

Not sure they plan on removing most of those logs. Maybe they are, but I think most will stay. I hope to be proven wrong though!

logs are supposed to stay and improve the habitat for critters

In that case, we'll probably need three feet of snow to get a good base in. I'm not a fan of finding snow snakes.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Just part of the process. Like fine wine, glades get better with age ;)

Eventually they'll start to break down and less snow will be required to open up in there.

UVSHTSTRM

First, what is up with the boundray marker being below the saddle area (the peaks of phase one? Is it to steep, ledge, etc?

Second, boy a lift to just below the Burnt mountain summit or maybe in the middle somewhere would be nice. I know, not popular, but just sayin.

Finally, will the glades be marked to let you know you should start making your way to the left so you don't end up at the bottom and have to hoof it out the the snubber (I think that is what its called) lift?

Thanks,

UVSHTSTRM

Edd

I'm guessing they'll tie a line through the trees so you don't go too far.

It'll be a hell of a run starting at the top of the snowfields and heading skiers right.