• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf opens tomorrow!

wa-loaf

CARRABASSETT VALLEY, Maine – Sugarloaf will open for the 2009-10 winter season at 8:30am Sunday morning, after more than a foot of new snow blanketed the resort’s higher elevations on Friday night.

Edd

Hmmm....I was planning on SR tomorrow for my first day of the season but now I'm tempted to hit the Loaf.

wa-loaf

w00t.

You bring your sticks with you Jens?

-w

I did, but I have to drive home tomorrow and I'm going out tonight and getting my drink on. Tote Road is not enough to get me to try and squeeze a morning in at the Loaf. A day earlier and I might have ...

Mildcat

From their ski report, does anyone else find this funny?

Skiing and riding will be on Tote Road, and is recommended for experts only.

Skimaine

I find it amusing if they think that any one is actually going to ski Tote Road.....

:lol:

It is snow report code for "this is easy but it has not been groomed". The SL snow report updates during the day were surprising honest - "bring your rock skies" and "chicken pitch is thin".

jerryg

It is snow report code for "this is easy but it has not been groomed". The SL snow report updates during the day were surprising honest - "bring your rock skies" and "chicken pitch is thin".

And yet they are adding three more trails for tomorrow. I heard from someone who skied today that rock skies were indeed required, but that probably beats the hiking to the bottom I had to do at SR.