• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf

awf170

Has anyone been to Sugarloaf lately because I have a couple free tickets and wanted to go one of these weekends. I know they were doing really bad at the start of january but hopefully they made a lot of snow because i dont think they got much natural snow, but they have a 107 trails open today so they must be doing pretty good. Could someone fil me in, thanks.

LineSki15

I do a trip to the 'loaf every year, usually in February, and I have never really been dissappointed. Even on bad snow years, they seem to have an awesome snowmaking system that really makes some nice deep snow.
Last year we went down a trail they were making snow on and I remember it feeling like real fresh powder as we were skiing it, it was great, even though you couldn't really see anything with the snow guys in your face.
So I think it'll be good.
but I would like to hear reports also, I'm up there on the 11th.

loafer89

I am also heading up to Sugarloaf on friday although I will be spending the weekend skiing Camden Snow Bowl on Saturday and Black Mtn on sunday before we arrive at Sugarloaf for a full week of skiing next week.

If you want to read some firsthand conditions reports for Sugarloaf visit the unoffical Sugarloaf chat group at www.mydigitalrealm.com/chat/

From what I have heard conditions are good on all snowmaking trails, but A friend of mine says that there is only about 4-6" of snow on the ground in Farmington, so there is not alot of natural snow on the ground at Sugarloaf.

Hope this is helpfull