• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Suicide Six?

thetrailboss

Staff member
I've always wanted to know about this little-spoken mtn. Your experiences? How did it get the name? Looks like a gnarly little place to ski! :wink:

djspookman

I used to ski there a bunch with my aunt when i was a kid, it was a fun place to ski, even though its fairly small. It was always warm and sunny, and plenty of varied terrain to suit my needs when i was 10-15. I haven't been there in a long time though.. I assume not too much has changed though.

Vortex

I use to race here. Small hill, but some steeps. I thought it was a good place for race comps. 25 years since I was there. Were you born then TB.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Bob R said:
I thought it was a good place for race comps. 25 years since I was there. Were you born then TB.

Couldn't help but :lol: when I saw that!!!

Let's see...not quite 25 years...June is not high-ski season in New England. :wink:

skijay

I skied there at least 4 times in the past 3 yrs. It is a fun little place that does offer a challenge. The Face is the main steep and can bump up on the sides. Also under the summit double that trail is a lot of fun. There are other trails that are located near the double that looked like fun when open.

My favorite is the "backside". You ski off of the lift and you can ski into a field and work your way to the top of the smaller double. I think they call the trail the "gully".

It is a retro ski area and the lodge is also retro. I do like the place but the ticket price is steep for it's size. I skied there with comps so I did not have to pay.