• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Summer Deal Thread

catsup948

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/no...terString=s~nordica-steadfast/&colorFamily=01

http://Blizzard 2013/2014 Magnum 8.0 TI Alpine Skis

Whoa! Crazy deals on STP...thanks for the heads up.

I'm here in my hotel room in China for business, it is 4pm local time 95 degrees outside with 90% humidity and I just got back from the pool--but rocking my AZ cap and MRG shirt....skiing on the brain!

Just pulled the trigger on 2 skis! Found my hardpack carving ski and couldn't pass up the Nordica Steadfast which I demoed a few yrs ago and loved.
$354 shipped for both! Couldn't say NO!

Likely this retires the Surface Watch Lifes as I will just use the Nordicas on any non-hardpack day including powder.

Wow Chris! Nicely done!

mbedle

I just got an email from Vail with 2015/2016 lift tickets on "sale". A single day at Breck is $120 online (apparently saving 25% off the window costs). That can't be correct!!! WOW... They are really trying to push people into the epic pass for $749.

Highway Star

You are a fucking idiot! Where did I say the new monsters were like the old ones?

Oh, so it's more of a priority that they bring back the brand, but not the actual ski. Should help your street cred and posing, right? That what's really important.

Guess I'm not suprised you want a ski called the "Head Monster".

Puck it

Oh, so it's more of a priority that they bring back the brand, but not the actual ski. Should help your street cred and posing, right? That what's really important.

Guess I'm not suprised you want a ski called the "Head Monster".
You really are a moron. I thought you were pretending.

Highway Star

You really are a moron. I thought you were pretending.

Is that you tagging all the truck stop and rest area bathrooms up in NH? Is that where most ski equipment discussions take place around Cannon....?

I see written all over the place - "For a good time, get ahold of the Head Monster"

Puck it

Is that you tagging all the truck stop and rest area bathrooms up in NH? Is that where most ski equipment discussions take place around Cannon....?

I see written all over the place - "For a good time, get ahold of the Head Monster"
Wow, you are so clever. How do you ever come up with these?

Tin

HS made a funny!

Highway Star

On a side note, I picked up a pair of Blizzard Bodacious in the 196cm from STP. Weighing in at almost 12lb blank, 2-1/2 sheets of Ti, 118mm waist, with a 32m turning radius.......now that is a manly man's ski. Should be pretty good in northeastern woods.

My 196cm Bodacious came in, they are......large. A good 2cm longer from the boot center to tip than my 191 boneshakers - how much ski is in front of the boot is a good first indicator of how tricky a ski will be in the woods. However, they do have a large amount of tip rocker, aren't any heavier than my boneshakers, and have a relatively soft flex for a ski of their caliber, so they should be pretty reasonable overall. But no question it's a big high speed ski. I'll mount them with FKS and possibly a low riser plate, like 6mm / .25" or something, for a bit more all around edging capablity.

Last edited:

xwhaler

Let it snow.... Just need bindings now!!

Attachments

• 1436563318908.jpg
    1436563318908.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 134

deadheadskier

Staff member
One surprising thing about the Steadfast now that I've had it my hands. Significantly stiffer ski than the Vagabond from the same series. I didn't expect the flex to be exactly the same, but the difference is more than what I had expected given they are the exact same construction. I'm guessing they'll exceed my expectations with carving and on hard snow, but might be a bit tougher to ski in the bumps than I was hoping for.

Can't wait for the snow to fly.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
One surprising thing about the Steadfast now that I've had it my hands. Significantly stiffer ski than the Vagabond from the same series. I didn't expect the flex to be exactly the same, but the difference is more than what I had expected given they are the exact same construction. I'm guessing they'll exceed my expectations with carving and on hard snow, but might be a bit tougher to ski in the bumps than I was hoping for.

Can't wait for the snow to fly.

I bought a pair also , as far as Bumps go some of the reviews I came across (after buying them )mentioned skis getting out in front of them . The price was hard to pass up
I was looking for an all mountain ski but I hope Bumps are just a matter of getting used to the ski, I was thinking the front would be rocketed but it looks like camber the whole way, the tail a foot up has a subtle angle change in camber .

Haven't skied on skis this wide before so I'm not sure what to expect. Love my old Rossi B2's 78 underfoot.

Puck it

My hell and back's are pretty dam good on hard pack and in the bumps. My daily driver unless it is really icy than go with the Palmers. The H&B are the next waist size up from the Steadfasts.