• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunapee Master Plan Road Blocks?

buellski

...this one has been fishy from the start.

Fishy? Seriously? This proposal has been before DRED in the past (mid 2000s) and was approved then. I have to agree that it has been the vocal minority that has allowed this to be defeated in the past. This time, the folks in the area that are for the expansion finally got organized and spoke up for the plan.

UVSHTSTRM

I am amazed this has a chance to go through. I thought it was dead.

I did go through......whether or not the Muellers, etc still want to do this, who knows? I think they have some other things on the burner with CNL at this particular moment.....I read something somewhere a while back.

Newpylong

Fishy? Seriously? This proposal has been before DRED in the past (mid 2000s) and was approved then. I have to agree that it has been the vocal minority that has allowed this to be defeated in the past. This time, the folks in the area that are for the expansion finally got organized and spoke up for the plan.

Controversial is a better word. You are right, the proponents have been pretty straight about it. I think the issue I have is I don't see the value in the land swap for anyone but Sunapee. As I have been told by friends from the area the land being gifted already has restrictive covenants on it and conservation easements.

WoodCore

Controversial is a better word. You are right, the proponents have been pretty straight about it. I think the issue I have is I don't see the value in the land swap for anyone but Sunapee. As I have been told by friends from the area the land being gifted already has restrictive covenants on it and conservation easements.

You can argue the extreme viewpoints on both sides until the cows come home but IMHO everyone benefits from the outcome of this negotiation and the path forward. Maybe certain individuals/groups didn't get exactly what they wanted but even they should be able to walk away from the table with satisfaction on multiple levels.