• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunapee Master Plan Road Blocks?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Pretty crazy they project that the development will result in 76.5K additional skier visits per season. I wonder how many of that number would be canabalized from Okemo.

Puck it

Pretty crazy they project that the development will result in 76.5K additional skier visits per season. I wonder how many of that number would be canabalized from Okemo.
The majority will be from the condos sold at the base over there.

xwhaler

Will there be a 2nd base area built over there? Hopefully because the current setup is awful and results in giant crowds/lengthy parking lot walks.
I skied Sunapee 2x this yr and the 2 HSQs make a nice difference for how it skis.

Puck it

Will there be a 2nd base area built over there? Hopefully because the current setup is awful and results in giant crowds/lengthy parking lot walks.
I skied Sunapee 2x this yr and the 2 HSQs make a nice difference for how it skis.
Limited base services as per plan.

telemike

The plan adds four "blue" trails through the protected forest that end up at a base area which can only be accessed from the top.All the land surrounding the base area is owned by the Mullers.As far as I'm concerned,this is nothing more than a giving away of the public lands for condo development.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I can see that POV, but most of the market demand is for blue cruisers. Most busy ski areas in NH are Sunapee and Loon; both known for their blue cruisers.

yeggous

The plan adds four "blue" trails through the protected forest that end up at a base area which can only be accessed from the top.All the land surrounding the base area is owned by the Mullers.As far as I'm concerned,this is nothing more than a giving away of the public lands for condo development.

Meh? Aren't they donating the land with the new trails to the state park? That was my understanding. They get condos and the park and lease area get more land.

telemike

Yup, thats what they are doing,the old land swap. It's great for the developers and condo owners. Not so good for the locals,

Newpylong

Sadly I am in agreement. Usually I am pro expansion, and anti that damn bird, but this one has been fishy from the start. Sets a bad precedent.

VTKilarney

I can see that POV, but most of the market demand is for blue cruisers. Most busy ski areas in NH are Sunapee and Loon; both known for their blue cruisers.

Definitely true. This is what the majority of the market wants.

UVSHTSTRM