• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunapee may get a new "old" lift

dlague

Just out of curiosity--why do you not like Sunapee?

I find it to be crowded at least the times I have been there and they generally don't have any worthwhile deals and since I am a deal hunter which guides where I go - we do not go there! Not too fond of the chair layouts either but with the quad in the sun bowl maybe that will help.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I find it to be crowded at least the times I have been there and they generally don't have any worthwhile deals and since I am a deal hunter which guides where I go - we do not go there! Not too fond of the chair layouts either but with the quad in the sun bowl maybe that will help.

True on both counts. They don't have to run specials.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

xwhaler

I recall that being a good one. Was it morning or afternoon only?

• Sunday NH Resident Special – New Hampshire residents can enjoy savings on non-holiday Sunday afternoons. Residents can ski or ride from noon-4pm for only $42.

FWIW, Ragged has the same deal for $34

deadheadskier

Staff member
Attitash and Wildcat had the same Sunday deal as well for $30. Prior to having a Granite Pass last year, I took advantage of the Wildcat deal often. Working in a restaurant late on Saturday nights, it was nice to get a decent sleep and still get an afternoon of skiing in for cheap. While $42 isn't bad, I've only taken advantage of that deal one time since living in NH. I'd rather drive the extra 30 minutes and pay $12 less to ski better terrain at Wildcat.

dlague

There are decent weekday deals out there (flex card, online deals), peak weekends not so much.

Week Day 2 fers are not bad but I rarely ski weekdays and if I do - Sunapee is not where i would go.

Sunday NH resident deal is good.

Not in my opinion. $42 for for a half day of skiing is pricy when you consider NH Resident rate at Okemo is $29 and Ragged is $34.

• Sunday NH Resident Special – New Hampshire residents can enjoy savings on non-holiday Sunday afternoons. Residents can ski or ride from noon-4pm for only $42.

In addition, I can ski for less than $42 with two for one deals and with the RSNE Card - Pico is a 2 fer nearly every Sunday or using the Irving 2 fer deal.

thetrailboss

Staff member

I think in terms of quality, the Ragged deal would be better. When I skied at Sunapee I'd usually leave at about 12:30 or 1 at the latest because the terrain was pretty hammered by then.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Not just a Bubble Six, but a Bubble Six with heated seats. I wonder how many cup holders it has.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Anyone have drawings of what the trails off the back of North Peak are proposed to look like? While short, there's decent pitch in there. I'm sure some will be upset that glades will likely be removed though.

Puck it

Anyone have drawings of what the trails off the back of North Peak are proposed to look like? While short, there's decent pitch in there. I'm sure some will be upset that glades will likely be removed though.

Here you go. One trail which is the liftline. Number 66. Trying to fix the size.

sunapee.jpg

Attachments

• sunapee.jpg
    sunapee.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

bobbutts

Very old news. The plan was publisehed a few years ago and includes even night skiing off Noth Peak
It's actually brand new news, this was announced officially for the first time today.
It wasn't official before, check the thread title "may".

Puck it