• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River 12-2-07

loafer89

Area Skied: Sunday River

Date Skied: December 2nd from 11:30am - 4pm

Surface Conditions: Packed powder, groomed, icy, hardpacked.

We slept in late after the long drive from Whiteface and did not meet up with Bobr and company until 11:30am. Conditions where fairly skied off, but the company was good and the skiing was fairly decent.

Today was not a good day otherwise for me as my wife called me with a frantic message that her brother who has been fighting with a staph infection in intensive care for the last two weeks care spiked a fever of 108F and died while she made an emergency flight to Atlanta this afternoon.

We are all sad, but at least we are in good company. We will be skiing tomorrow and then likely making our way home on tuesday morning after the storm has passed.

I may be absent for a while after posting our trip while we take care of family matters.

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
Our thoughts and prayers with you and your family.

We were there at about the same time you started. Even though we skied on all available peaks, I think my favorite trail was Dream Maker.......yes, a green circle trail! On skiers right there was PP, and pretty much untouched on the seven or so times we hit it.

loafer89

Thank you very much for the condolence, last night was a rough night for the wife and I and I wish that I could be with her. Her brother was only 50 and leaves behind two children.:sad:

Vortex

Ga2ski was pushing me to the limits of what I could handle. Very cool. Want to get better ski with someone who makes better turns than you.:idea:

Hope lafer89 and the fam gain some peace.

loafer89

We are working on it Bob, thanks for the hospitality this weekend, it went a long way. Now I look forward to seeing my wife again on friday, I think she will need to unload some grief.