• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River's Simon Dumont to Throw Ceremonial First Pitch at Sept. 16 Red Sox Game

AlpineZone News

Skiing News
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Four year partnership between resort and athlete and resort and Major League Baseball brand comes full circle

Newry, Maine (September 6, 2011)-8 time X Games medalist, 2014 Winter Olympic hopeful, world record holder, and Sunday River Resort sponsored professional skier, Simon Dumont, will get his chance to test his baseball skills as ceremonial pitcher before the Red Sox vs. Tampa Bay Rays in Boston on Friday, September 16, 2011.

"I'm really looking forward to throwing the first pitch at Fenway," says Dumont. "Growing up in Maine, I've been a New England sports fan since I was born. I'd like to thank Sunday River and the Boston Red Sox for making this possible."

Dumont is scheduled to throw the ceremonial first pitch at 7:10 p.m. The game will be broadcasted on NESN, WEEI-AM, WWZN-AM and MLB.TV .

Born and raised in Bethel, Maine, Dumont was recently tapped by the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA) to help lead the brand's newest extension-the U.S. Freeskiing Team's first Pro Halfpipe Team. This comes on the heels of the International Olympic Committee's decision in April to add ski halfpipe to the Olympic program for 2014.

In addition to joining the Pro Halfpipe Team, Dumont's notable accomplishments include: skiing the Red Bull Cubed Pipe in May - the most difficult half-pipe run in history; founding New England's most prestigious annual slopestyle event, the Dumont Cup at Sunday River; and breaking the world record for highest air on a quarterpipe at Sunday River in 2008.

Dumont's sponsors include: Target, Oakley, Toyota, Nike 6.0, Red Bull, Giro, Kicker, Empire, Rockwell, and Sunday River Resort.

For more information on Dumont's ceremonial first pitch, contact Darcy Morse at 207-824-5243 or dmorse@sundayriver.com.

Sunday River is located minutes from picturesque Bethel Village in western Maine's Mahoosuc Mountains. A true four-season destination, the Sunday River offers eight interconnected peaks of world class skiing and snowboarding, two Grand Resort Hotels and golf at the acclaimed Sunday River Golf Club. Sunday River is a member of the Boyne Resorts family of resorts and attractions.