• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown 12-22-08

Rossi Smash

Was there for 3rd chair of the day. Gunny was open but very hard. Temps were 10-18 degrees all morning. With 15 plus inches of fluffy snow in my yard I was ready for some nice soft snow. So loaded up the Head Monster iM77's and hoped for the best. Though they had some of the guns blasting over on the left side, most of what I found was rolled and mostly frozen snow conditions. :-(

So... my worst day out this year AFTER receiving piles of dry powder...go figure. That's it for me till after the Holiday crowds. Early January skiing is my favorite time to ski :beer:

powhunter

yea o3jeff and myself were probably in the first group that skied that yesterday right after they groomed it..looks like all the MM wet/base snow was churned up by the groomers which made it very hardpack enen though we hit it less then a half hour after they groomed it...stayed away from that today

steveo

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Gunny tends to get icy. I have only skied 3 runs down it ever and those were while it was snowing one night last season. If you have the skills, the tools, and you like speed, it can be a lot of fun. But it tends to get windblown and scraped off so you really have to bring your A-game.

There was plenty of soft snow on Nor'Easter and Canyon (especially Canyon) last night, though. Sorry your day didn't turn out like you had hoped, Rossi.

Greg

Staff member
Gunny will be really good come late February. ;)