• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown 2/25/09 (night)

bvibert

Staff member
I should be there for the night session tomorrow. Anyone else going to join me?

Grassi21

Put me down as a maybe. It all depends on getting my skis back from the shop. Could be today? If not it better be tomorrow!!! :angry:

bvibert

Staff member
You wouldn't think it'd take that long to fix a brake.. :eek:

I hope you get them back soon!

gmcunni

possbily be there. need to decide beetween Wed and Thurs. My son has 1/2 day at school thursday so was going to try to go up with him in the late afternoon but weather thurs is not looking great.

Grassi21

You wouldn't think it'd take that long to fix a brake.. :eek:

I hope you get them back soon!

I know. They had a brake but it was a wide one. In my efforts to keep a tight stance I had them order the correct size from NH. They dragged their feet a bit in the beginning and didn't get the order in until the 17th. But still, the part should be here already and I should have my skis. To complicate matters, the Marker Barons they sold me were the display model... well, they had the one that was on the display but couldn't find its mate in the back room. They had to order another pair from Marker. The Barons should be in today. The Gotamas should be in tomorrow. If I ask nicely they should be able to mount up the Gotamas tomorrow. So who knows, you might see me tomorrow night skiing groomers with my pow boards. Might be a good idea to try them out before I want to use them after a dump.... snow not a deuce. :lol:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Bring in your son while he's cranky. They took pity on me when I had the kids with me (after getting stuck in traffic and taking 1.5 hours to get there) and mounted my bindings while I waited. Didn't take more than 15 minutes. Beer might help grease some wheels. ;)

Grassi21

Bring in your son while he's cranky. They took pity on me when I had the kids with me (after getting stuck in traffic and taking 1.5 hours to get there) and mounted my bindings while I waited. Didn't take more than 15 minutes. Beer might help grease some wheels. ;)

Yeah, I already started laying the ground work. They said it would take less than an hour to mount 'em up.

mondeo

So is it gonna be Grassi on his Gotamas and me on my Wateas?

I know the Wateas are getting a test run tomorrow despite being less than ideal conditions for fat skis.

bvibert

Staff member
So, who's definitely going to be there tonight? I hope to be on skis by 6:30.

Grassi21

I'm hoping to be on skis by 6:30 as well. If I only have the Gotamas I plan to ski for a couple of hours. If I get my Nordicas back as well I might stay later.