• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown St. Patty's Day

powbmps

Kool-AidMan.jpg

You guys are killing it! Like the music (and the 180 in the bumps).

Have to admit I'm jealous. Went to Sunapee today and the bumps were craptastic. Nothing compares to the mighty Gunbarrel.

bvibert

Staff member
Sick video! I like the Sundown t-shirt Greg! Nice music choice, I was listening to STP before starting the video. :beer:

2knees

i want bigger arms........

i wonder if i'd get fired if i took this afternoon off........I really want to try a spread twist off that lower natural kicker.

Greg

Staff member
I just want a Sundown t-shirt!

A whopping $12.50 in the ski shop.

i want bigger arms........

i wonder if i'd get fired if i took this afternoon off........I really want to try a spread twist off that lower natural kicker.

Nothing to worry about. The eye is naturally drawn to the blinding orange gloves.

:lol: Now I know why I like hanging out with Pat. Finally, somebody with birdier appendages than me! :lol:

2knees

Nothing to worry about. The eye is naturally drawn to the blinding orange gloves.

you know you want those pumpkin gloves. hell pumpkin doesnt do them justice.

i really know how to accessorize......

Greg

Staff member

I might try to get there for 3-3:30 or so. Gonna be tough to ski today though. I is tired.

Grassi21

I might try to get there for 3-3:30 or so. Gonna be tough to ski today though. I is tired.

Sounds like Mr Evil and I will be there around 3. See you on that trail with the bumpy things on it.... :)

Madroch

Watching Greg and Pat tear it up makes me want to try and sneak out tonight... even though I am still hobbllng up the stairs.

sLoPeS

looking good! if i wasnt so f-ing hurting right now id shred some moguls after work. better see some of u guys up north in april...

2knees

hell yeah, i'm milking this while its there but once that's gone, i'll be making a few trips to killington. Whats the word with the closing date among the regulars? any truth to the early may rumors?

Greg

Staff member
hell yeah, i'm milking this while its there but once that's gone, i'll be making a few trips to killington. Whats the word with the closing date among the regulars? any truth to the early may rumors?

Same boat. After Sunday, Sundown is going Friday-Sunday for the following two weekends. After that Snow, Okemo, Killington and Sugarbush are all in play.

sLoPeS

just read this on kzone....

"Heard an ambassador on the k1 yesterday say to some other folks in the cabin that they're definitely done blowin snow for the year, they're done.
Also said they're probably lookin at closing April 19th."

havent heard anything new myself. time will tell, its mid-march. think its really gonna come down to whether theres snow or not. of course that didn matter last year so who knows. on another note, i just ordered a new pack. looking forward to gettin up to the bowl this year. gonna get some may turns no matter what.

Greg

Staff member
Always a sad time of year for me when that happens...

Agreed. And it should be noted that the mighty Sundown is the only ski area in CT still open midweek. The base is holding up pretty well despite the warmth this month. If we had any more significant rain, they would be pretty hurtin'. We've been lucky in that regard.