• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown's S7 vs. BMMC

Sundown's S7 vs. BMMC

• I'm competing in the BMMC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Greg

Staff member
http://www.skisundown.com/events/index.php?action=detail&id=409

SKI SUNDOWN'S SUPER STUPENDOUS SPRING SATURDAY SPECTACULAR!
03/20/2010 to 03/20/2010

Start Time: 08:00 AM
End Time: 6:00 PM

Remember what a blast this was last season, well, we're doing it again!!! This all day annual event includes an "invite only" BIG AIR competition, a mogul competition on Gunbarrel and more! It's a day for show men, show women, and spectators alike with stunts, sport shops, sizzling steaks and late season snow!

http://www.killington.com/winter/th...ight Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge/index.html

Bud Light Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge

The raddest party on the East Coast will rise once again for the 30th year!

This annual competition heats up on Saturday as 200 amateur bumpers take to the slopes of Outer Limits to battle it out for top honors. The top 32 men and 16 women will return to compete in a head-to-head competition on Sunday. Participants run a dual course with sudden death format; only the winners advance. Spectators will enjoy the Bud Light Beer Festival and concert under the 3,200 sf tent insuring a good time rain or shine!

Date: 3/27/10

2knees

crickets8.jpg

single-large-cricket.jpg

12.jpg

2knees

:lol: Just ask HPD - some thread ideas are winners, others....not so much.... :)

its not funny since highwaystar came crashing in.

well, actually it is.

I'm doing the s7 but i'm ascared of mondeo and his infinite twister i hear he's working on so no bmmc.....

SkiDork

Beside the regulars at KZone, does anyone care about the BMMC any more ?

it's got a lot of history so I'm not ready to give it up just yet, and I believe a lot of others prolly feel simlarly. I think the crappy weather last year had something to do with the low turnout. Lets see what happens this year.

drjeff

I think that you should throw this one into the mix the weekend after BMMC. Mount Snow return of the Glade-iator bump comp running the SAME day as their "winter" Brewer's Fest!

"The Return of the GLADE-IATOR
04/03/2010
The legendary bump competition is coming back to Mount Snow! The Glade-iator challenges the best east coast bump skiers in this non-sanctioned extreme competition on Ripcord.

Competitors will attempt to descend our 37 degree pitch massive mogul field before hitting a final jump to impress the judges.

Awards will be presented at the Mount Snow Winter Brewers Festival on Cuzzins Deck.

More information on registration and competition details will come in the next few months. "

That's going to be one fun day!!

frankm938

the skiers do. the talent level last year was the best ive ever seen at the bmmc. a lot of guys that would have made day 2 in years past, werent even close last year.

that being said... i would trade better skiers for a pre 2008 bmmc anyday. i used to have a group of 20 friends that only came up one wknd a year and that ended after the 2008 bmmc.
it wasnt the weather that kept people away last year, because they came up and partied in the rain.

i dont know if this beer garden tent idea is going to do anything to bring the crowds back, but i know my crew will be skiing it anyway. and a good number of us will be at sundowns S7 as well (was at a wedding with randy grasso this past wknd and he said he is coming back to defend his title)

UVSHTSTRM

I would rather just go to Sugarloaf for Reggaefest drink beer and take some runs and hang with crazy Mainers.

MogulQueen

I'm in for both events. If there is any chance I can ski a nice bump run, I'm in! Who cares if it is a comp or not or there is a huge crowd or not, don't we just do it for the thrill of it?! I can't wait. Bring it on!

Greg

Staff member
(was at a wedding with randy grasso this past wknd and he said he is coming back to defend his title)

Nice!

I don't plan to be anywhere near competitive. Would just like to win a dual That's a high enough goal.

Terrain parks are one thing, I tone it down a bit in a bump run. It'll only be the quad. :razz:

You're okay mondy! :lol:

Greg

Staff member
Well, I'm sure that's a load off of Hammer's mind......

Agreed. :lol:

But you my friend have about two, maybe three more years before your "two knees" are so played out that I'm the one to school you in a duel.... :razz:

I'll be happy to hold something resembling a line in my qualifying run.

Yep. And when you can incorporate a clean dumper air, you'll know you've arrived.