• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Super Bowl Ad Thread

JimG.

Staff member
Apparently snickers has agreed to not run that ad anymore.

I'm not sure what they were thinking when they ran it to begin with. It didn't make me want to run out and buy one.

Apparently they stopped running it because gay advocacy groups found it homophobic...they were offended by the fact that after the kiss the men ripped chest hair out to prove their manhood. One group went so far as to say that gay and lesbian children in schools all over the country will have to deal with anti-gay sentiment.

Those folks really do need a Snickers bar because they must have missed snack time.

And before anyone gets offended, I'm only referring to the fact that they have made this out to be a much bigger deal than it is.

Paul

I'm not sure what they were thinking when they ran it to begin with. It didn't make me want to run out and buy one.

Apparently they stopped running it because gay advocacy groups found it homophobic...they were offended by the fact that after the kiss the men ripped chest hair out to prove their manhood. One group went so far as to say that gay and lesbian children in schools all over the country will have to deal with anti-gay sentiment.

Those folks really do need a Snickers bar because they must have missed snack time.

And before anyone gets offended, I'm only referring to the fact that they have made this out to be a much bigger deal than it is.

I agree Jim, but much like the GM "suicidal robot" ad, it was pretty crass.

JimG.

Staff member
I agree Jim, but much like the GM "suicidal robot" ad, it was pretty crass.

I have a sick sense of humor...I really liked the robot ad. Very imaginative and they really made the robot look "human". Made me laugh, especially when it "woke up".

But I also thought about the GM workers who had been laid off.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Blockbuster Mouse Ad was funniest,
Snicker's commercial was a close second,
and the Budlight Rock/Paper and Hitch Hiker ads tie for third.

Paul

I have a sick sense of humor...I really liked the robot ad. Very imaginative and they really made the robot look "human". Made me laugh, especially when it "woke up".

But I also thought about the GM workers who had been laid off.

Same here, I was speaking more in hindsight.

Of course, I was almost 3 sheets when I saw it live, so.....

FRITOLAYGUY

I noticed that commercial that has everybody saying they dont speak English has not run again, i knew there would be some flack when that ran.

SIKSKIER

I personally won't be caught eating a Snickers bar again...I'm wearing a helmet next time I play rock,paper,scissors,...I'm not buying fastfood anymore...and I'm taking back my application to work at GM.I guess these ads had the reverse effect on me.Does anyone really buy more products from these companies because of these ads?

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I noticed that commercial that has everybody saying they dont speak English has not run again, i knew there would be some flack when that ran.

That was pretty funny as well but Bud Light should stick to the slapstick humor, it's what they do best. Since they're advertising a product that has little to no integrity to begin with.

drjeff

I knew that that one would get the PC types in an uproar, but that one had me rolling on the floor laughing "Boooooooood lit" - Carlos Mencia did a great job as the teacher in that one :beer:

I'm also kind of suprised, even though it was done with computer animation that PETA didn't get in an uproar about the Blockbuster add where the animated "real" mouse was being double clicked and threatened to be plugged into the electrical outlet like a computer mouse. :rolleyes:

bvibert

Staff member
I guess I missed the Blockbuster mouse ad, sounds funny. I'll have to find it online...

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I agree. Had my wife :lol: :lol:. "Hey, you fogot to plug it in!"

I also liked the chick on the Doritos commercial taking a digger head first into the car door, but I'm kinda sick like that.
Smitty

We have a similar sense of humor. That was pretty damn funny.