• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sweet Spot for Saturday?

Zand

Stratton is opening Sun Bowl tomorrow.

Report says 15-20 more trails opening tomorrow in addition to the 16 that opened today. Hoping for glades. Also keeping an eye on Killington. Noticed stuff like Old Superstar and Vagabond are open.

drjeff

Measured 24" (maybe a couple added via some drifting) on my back deck at about 2100ft before I sent my kid out to shovel out the grill.

Ride up 91 to Brattleboro was all rain until just about the rest area on 91 North a couple miles South of Bratt.

Light to some occasionally moderate slush on 9 up and over the hill and into Wilmington, 100 out of Wilmington up to Mount Snow had some light snow cover. Took me an extra roughly 20 minutes to make my drive up this afternoon

Pre shoveling back deck snow picture included20221216_171332.jpg

NYDB

Stratton is opening Sun Bowl tomorrow.

Report says 15-20 more trails opening tomorrow in addition to the 16 that opened today. Hoping for glades. Also keeping an eye on Killington. Noticed stuff like Old Superstar and Vagabond are open.
@10 and only solstice lift

SteezyRob

when i get to stratton, first thing i'm hitting is kidderbrook ravine.. that thing looked sick (from videos). can't exactly say test pilot caught my eye but it's pretty big so i'm sure there's some cool spots in there. want to hit squirrels nest and why not as well, although those are very small.

Vter

J is too far to drive to….only Cans go there :) Mom’s the word, don’t tell anybody. It’ll be sick

KustyTheKlown

Drive up to greenfield took forever because of traffic but was rain all the way to Northampton and then a light mix. Def waking up and driving to stratton instead of b east tmrw. Gonna be a shit show up there but oh well. Get it

Vter

Check out Vtrans.Vermont.com For live coverage … pretty bad road conditions when the locals are not driving. Just a heads-up

cdskier

I'm pretty amazed how many cars showed up in the parking lot at my condo tonight (in the Mad River Valley). Being further north and having to drive through more of VT no matter where you were coming from could not have been fun...already heard there were several cars stuck on the access road tonight. I guess personally I just don't get driving through the middle of a storm (even with snow tires and AWD/4WD).

hovercraft

J is too far to drive to….only Cans go there :) Mom’s the word, don’t tell anybody. It’ll be sick
Not for KS he goes anywhere for pow. He even drives to JH for pow when its slim pickings around here 😂

KustyTheKlown

91 totally clear. 30 had some rough stretches. Love the new tires. At Stratton earlier than expected. Gave myself a lot of time. Enjoy the day all

Zand

Got to Stratton base at 8:45. Fucking shitshow. Lots full, huge line of traffic waiting to get into Sun Bowl. Bunch of New York plates stuck in lot 1 with no one directing traffic. Massive lines for the shuttles. I forgot how much I fucking hate this place.