• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Swords: Life on the Line

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Saw that it was on, decided to give it another try, but caught the rerun of the first episode, not the new one.

I watched the end of "Pale Rider" instead.

Hah. Great minds and all that. I feel that's one of his more under appreciated films. I actually like it better than Josey Wales *ducks*

I think it almost has a grittier feel, in a way. The villian is better developed as well.

/threadjack

Beetlenut

Caught it last night for the first time. It was ok, but honestly, how many reality shows can they make about pulling something out of the ocean? DC was the first and it was new, now after Lobstermen, now Swords, ...it's kind of getting old.

wa-loaf

Saw that it was on, decided to give it another try, but caught the rerun of the first episode, not the new one.

I watched the end of "Pale Rider" instead.

New one came on after. The fact is, without the big boats and nasty weather fishing is kind of boring.

drjeff

New one came on after. The fact is, without the big boats and nasty weather fishing is kind of boring.

Now if they happen to be filiming off New England in the next few days as Bill rolls on by offshore, that could make for more interesting viewing!

ctenidae

asleep by 9 pm? didn't know you were that old, gramps ... :p

Heh. I caught the 10 pm rerun of the 1st episode, finished Pale Rider at 10.30, and was out like a light. At 9 pm I was heading home from the office, wishing I were asleep already.

wa-loaf

Heh. I caught the 10 pm rerun of the 1st episode, finished Pale Rider at 10.30, and was out like a light. At 9 pm I was heading home from the office, wishing I were asleep already.

:lol: They run the previous episode at 8pm too. Assumed that was the one you caught. :-D

ERJ-145CA

Jersey gettin' some camera time...

I figured I'd copy what I just posted on the Deadliest Catch thread.

I was watching this tonight and they showed a ship based at Barnegat Light, NJ. I was just there, it's on Long Beach Island where I just spent my summer beach vacation. My son and I climbed the lighthouse "Ol' Barney" in Barnegat Light. The show made me want to go back until ski season starts. If I could I think I'd live on LBI from mid May through October.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I figured I'd copy what I just posted on the Deadliest Catch thread.

I was watching this tonight and they showed a ship based at Barnegat Light, NJ. I was just there, it's on Long Beach Island where I just spent my summer beach vacation. My son and I climbed the lighthouse "Ol' Barney" in Barnegat Light. The show made me want to go back until ski season starts. If I could I think I'd live on LBI from mid May through October.
The guy who lives across the street from me, basically does just that. He stops up once every week or so to mow the lawn.

ccskier

Show is so boring. That surfer kid should have a skirt on or they should throw him overboard.

drjeff

Show is so boring. That surfer kid should have a skirt on or they should throw him overboard.

For a minute I was hoping that that wave that hit the boat and sent him flying into his buddy was going to take him overboard. Just waiting for a Deadliest Catch style captain's verbal beat-down to occur