• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Thank an AZer

Greg

Staff member
This is my attempt at a serious thread. That is, of course until C-10, Paul and Marc get a hold of it. ;)

Anyway, take a moment to thank an AZer. It could be for anything. I have a whole bunch in mind, but I'll go one at a time.

2knees - thanks for this thread:

http://forums.alpinezone.com/7300-seeding-bumps-sundown.html

That thread lead to me realizing that I had a rad little ski hill right in my own back yard.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Thank you in advance to Greg for organizing a great AZ gathering on a Saturday next winter at a VT ski area in which you'll attend. I know it's difficult to break from your schedule. :razz:

Beetlenut

Thanks to Greg, for getting me addicted, I mean interested, in bumps again. The Sundown thing was all I needed! :daffy:

MR. evil

I want to thank MRGisevil for dragging me to my first AZ Bump night at Sundown last season.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Thank you Jerry (OldSnowboarderME), Ski Resort Observer, Randi and Tim Evil (MRGisEvil and Mr. Evil), Brian and Sev (bvibert and severine), Johnathan (Sky), Austin (awf170) and yes, GSS, for supporting my PMC ride. No thanks is enough thanks.

Trekchick

Thanks to Severine for accompanying me to Abasin. You are truly a great travel companion!!

Thanks to I[hart] for encouraging me to take my first out of state ski trip, which has led to much travel and a whooooooole lot broader horizon!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Thank you Trekchick for encouraging me to step outside my comfort zone and go on the trip to Abasin. It's one of the best things I've ever done in my life!!! :D

Thank you MRGisevil for the few estrogen nights we had at Sundown last season. It was nice to ski with another chick! :D

Thank you MRevil for your encouragement and advice when skiing with you at Sundown and Abasin.

Thank you Greg for the great site, good influence, and organizing weekly skiing for everyone locally.

Thank you GSS for all the good laughs!

Thank you to all who were friends when I needed them the most!!!

Thank you bvibert for introducing me to skiing, and for a whole lot else I won't get into here. ;)

MRGisevil

Thanks to JimG for taking me under his wing at Hunter. Can't begin to express how much I appreciate that.

Thanks to Greg for being such a great leader.

Thanks to Carrie for the comraderie.

Thanks to Mrevil for putting up w. my crazy antics on all those trips up north.

Thanks to Marc for the banter.

Thanks to Paul for the laughs.

Thanks to Win for being awesome.

Thanks to 2knees, powhunter, johnnypoach, bert, beetle, grassi & the rest of the sundown crew for all the fun times last winter.

Thanks to ishovelsnow and chris Sullivan for taking all of our little requests into consideration.

Terry

Thanks to Bobr, Thaller1, Snowmonster, DJAK, and everyone at SR for all the fun times skiing and at the meet and greets. :beer:

Terry

Thanks Deadhead for a fun night blasting the trails at Shawnee.
Thanks Greg for an awesome site.
Thanks to my wife for finally convincing me to try skiing! I don't think she realized what a monster she would create. :beer:

Grassi21

Greg is the obvious one for creating AZ

JimG is another great guy. The man loves to teach and is always willing to give advice and tips.

wa-loaf

Thanks to Greg for AZ in the first place.

Thanks to Sky for hooking me up on the ski team and making some new friends (even Phildozer :p).

Thanks to Reefer for the ride to Hunter last season.

Thanks to the CLITS for the videos and amusing trip reports.

Thanks to everyone else for keeping me entertained during long days at work.

Greg

Staff member
Thanks to JimG. for inspiring me to start getting serious about my skiing after a day of getting schooled at Hunter back in 2004.

2knees

lol, you should link this to HPD's get along/pot smoker err stirrer thread.

Greg for the site and for all your generosity with stuff.

The Evils for putting up with me at bromley and the magic voucher. Plus MRGisEvil went way beyond the call of duty at the sundown comp and sat in that bucket for 3 hours filming our sorry behinds. way cool R.

Grassi and his wife for letting me tag along at sugarbush when my knee was pretty banged up. Oh and Grassi, thanks for making me forget what planet i was on. :lol:

HPD for the way he handled my stupidity last may.

Greg

Staff member
MRGisEvil went way beyond the call of duty at the sundown comp and sat in that bucket for 3 hours filming our sorry behinds. way cool R.

+1 Thank you!

Thank you HPD for coming up with more interesting topics than just about anyone else here.

Thank you madskier6 for accompanying me on a few long drives north to Vermont last year. The conversations made the rides tolerable.