• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Thanksgiving Thread - "I give thanks for..."

Terry

I give thanks for good health, good family, good friends, good skiing, and cold beer! :beer:
Happy thanksgiving everyone. May you enjoy the day!

Greg

Staff member
I give thanks for my wife and daughters, the rest of my family, my health, friends. The rest of the stuff is secondary.

bvibert

Staff member
I give thanks for snow and cold weather. The rest of the stuff doesn't really matter...

Grassi21

Even though I agree, I'd be protecting your scrotal area from the wrath of severine if I were you.

Or it could go the other way... complete abandonment of said region.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Day off work.

(Damn, funny how one letter could change the whole meaning of a phrase. Originally I posted "Day of work" :lol: )

Last edited:

Sky

Good thread!

Top of the list...everyone home for Thanksgiving! Kids are coming home Wed PM or Thursday AM for the weekend. We see them regularly...but rarely for more than a few hours once a month or so...usually when we go to a Bang Camaro show...or a Veshok show.

This will be nice.

Beyond that, for all my life to date! Wife, kids, jobs, friends...HEALTH! At my height and age...lots of guys are toast. So to still be lifting, running, playing hoops (off till spring so the ankle will finish healing) and skiing (to include the NASTAR racing)....Things ar very good.

Laslty but not leastly....Thanks to the US Armed Forces!

sledhaulingmedic

Thanks for life, health and family, particularly my wife, Dr. Sled, who puts up with my two mistresses: My career in the Fire Service and my love of skiing. She is an angel w/o a doubt.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Thanks for life, health and family, particularly my wife, Dr. Sled, who puts up with my two mistresses: My career in the Fire Service and my love of skiing. She is an angel w/o a doubt.

She's a doctor, lets you have a career in the fire service, ski and have two mistresses?? Hot damn, does she have sister?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I give thanks for snow and cold weather. The rest of the stuff doesn't really matter...
Gee, thanks. Sure am glad I clean up after you, feed you, clothe you, etc.... :rolleyes:

Even though I agree, I'd be protecting your scrotal area from the wrath of severine if I were you.
Or it could go the other way... complete abandonment of said region.
Probably a combination of both; first the injury, then the abandonment...
I'm not all bad, you know! But I'm also not the one who said the rest of the stuff doesn't really matter either.

I give thanks for my 2 beautiful, intelligent children. For my loyal companion, the dog. For a roof over our heads, food on the table, heat in the house, clothes on our backs. For new ski equipment and a vehicle to get me there, so I can get away from the ball and chain and just live in the moment every once in a while.

Yeah, I guess I'm thankful for the big lug, too. If nothing else, at least he's there to watch the kids so I can get some skiing in this winter.

hammer

I give thanks for my 2 beautiful, intelligent children. For my loyal companion, the dog. For a roof over our heads, food on the table, heat in the house, clothes on our backs. For new ski equipment and a vehicle to get me there, so I can get away from the ball and chain and just live in the moment every once in a while.

Yeah, I guess I'm thankful for the big lug, too. If nothing else, at least he's there to watch the kids so I can get some skiing in this winter.
That hurts...putting the dog before the spouse...

As for me, I'm thankful for all of the things that I don't have to worry (too much) about from day to day (health, family, secure job, roof over our heads in a safe neighborhood) so that I can think about things like skiing...

Dr Skimeister

I'm thankful for the love of my family and friends....and dog.
And I'm thankful for people who still believe in the truth.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

campgottagopee

My wife, family, friends, dog, health and all the fun we get to have with any combination of those.

Different note: please don't forget to "thank" all the people who are working on T-day should you run into any. I've always thought how rotten that would be. When I was a kid we'd always head north to the dacks to see my grandparents, and always would stop at this little mom-n-pop gas station for relief. the same woman seemed to work every holiday. One year my Mom made her a plate of cookies as a thank you for being open. I will never forget the look on her face after my mother had given them to her, she was so thankful. That is someting I'll never forget and will always be thankful of people working on holidays so others can enjoy.

sledhaulingmedic

My wife, family, friends, dog, health and all the fun we get to have with any combination of those.

Different note: please don't forget to "thank" all the people who are working on T-day should you run into any. I've always thought how rotten that would be. When I was a kid we'd always head north to the dacks to see my grandparents, and always would stop at this little mom-n-pop gas station for relief. the same woman seemed to work every holiday. One year my Mom made her a plate of cookies as a thank you for being open. I will never forget the look on her face after my mother had given them to her, she was so thankful. That is someting I'll never forget and will always be thankful of people working on holidays so others can enjoy.

Interesting observation, CGGP:

A Captain I had the pleasure of working under for several years used to tell his kids "Only really imprtant people get to got to work on Chrismass". One more thing I can be thankfull for: I don't have to work this Thanksgiving. (I will be working on Chrismass, However)

Mildcat

Gee, thanks. Sure am glad I clean up after you, feed you, clothe you, etc.... :rolleyes:

I'm not all bad, you know! But I'm also not the one who said the rest of the stuff doesn't really matter either.

I'm thankful my girlfriend isn't a member on these boards. I don't have to watch what I say. (Just kidding)

I'm thankful for the love of my family and friends....and dog.
And I'm thankful for people who still believe in the truth.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Happy Thanksgiving to you to doc.

That's a take I've never put much thought into. I've always felt bad for people that had to work holidays but I never thought much more about it.