• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The 11/4 - 11/5 weekend skiing thread-

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
That's a tough one, for now it looks like Killington on Saturday. If conditions aren't favorable there, but are good at Stowe, may head up there. Right now, if Killington starts making snow today as planned, then I see no sense driving another 75 miles north. Dork, are you really going to hike? If so, what time?

SkiDork

That's a tough one, for now it looks like Killington on Saturday. If conditions aren't favorable there, but are good at Stowe, may head up there. Right now, if Killington starts making snow today as planned, then I see no sense driving another 75 miles north. Dork, are you really going to hike? If so, what time?

Yup - whenever everyone else wants to meet. I'm not a decision maker, just a follower.

thebigo

Killington on sunday. First time earning my turns. Planning on hiking in snowshoes and using my summer pack. Could end up being a disaster...

thebigo

IMO, everywhere except Jay Peak, Stowe, or Mt. Washington will suck pretty bad this weekend.

why is that?

i would think that the man-made on kton or sugarbush would make for some great turns

awf170

why is that?

i would think that the man-made on kton or sugarbush would make for some great turns

If it is not off limits. :???: Won't there be water lines and other stuff laying across the trail too. It is just my opinion, but I would never drive a few hours to ski on just manmade snow.

thebigo

It is just my opinion, but I would never drive a few hours to ski on just manmade snow.

uhhhhh, we live in new england, the majority of the people on this forum drive a couple hours to ski on manmade every weekend during the winter, including myslelf

2knees

uhhhhh, we live in new england, the majority of the people on this forum drive a couple hours to ski on manmade every weekend during the winter, including myslelf

lol no kidding.

and happy to do it. I just wont HIKE for a couple hundred feet of manmade. but thats just me.

thebigo

lol no kidding.

and happy to do it. I just wont HIKE for a couple hundred feet of manmade. but thats just me.

generally i agree, but the alternative is winterizing the condo, and you cant beat honest exercise with nature

im going to try earning some turns, its a first and could end up being a disaster, either way ill report the results to AZ

2knees

Not begruding anyone's choice to do it. Hell, i admire the determination. I'm just a lazy mofo who'll wait for the lifts to spin. :)

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Not begruding anyone's choice to do it. Hell, i admire the determination. I'm just a lazy mofo who'll wait for the lifts to spin. :)

Depends how you look at it. I'm going up from Jersey, 4.5 hour ride. I'm not looking at it as driving up to VT to go skiing. I'm looking at it as a nice weekend away with my wife, meeting up with friends, getting in some hiking and nice scenery, oh, and skiing back down. While we're up there, what the hell, drop some stuff off at the ski house, drop the skis off at Basin Ski to get em tuned and then drive back. I then have the memory of snow to hold me over until the following weekend :)

2knees

Depends how you look at it. I'm going up from Jersey, 4.5 hour ride. I'm not looking at it as driving up to VT to go skiing. I'm looking at it as a nice weekend away with my wife, meeting up with friends, getting in some hiking and nice scenery, oh, and skiing back down. While we're up there, what the hell, drop some stuff off at the ski house, drop the skis off at Basin Ski to get em tuned and then drive back. I then have the memory of snow to hold me over until the following weekend :)

again, i'll say i admire the effort and the desire to get some turns in. And i'm still one lazy mofo. Its all good. i enjoy the reports, i'll just let others do the hiking. lol.

You still gonna make the 10th if they do open?

thetrailboss

Staff member
lol no kidding.

Hmmmm.....IIRC Killington is making a lot more than 200 feet of snow on a trail. More like a couple miles.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
again, i'll say i admire the effort and the desire to get some turns in. And i'm still one lazy mofo. Its all good. i enjoy the reports, i'll just let others do the hiking. lol.

You still gonna make the 10th if they do open?

I say they open no later than Tuesday, and yeah I be there. :)