• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 12/21 Storm Discussion Thread

roark

The plow guy finally came, I was getting worried. Of course, it's still dumping so he'll have to come back tomorrow.

Warp Daddy

Watched Men's World cup GS from Alta Badia and Women's combined

Then went out and Plowed for the 4th time in less than 24 hrs -- Dumpage !!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I took Ari out for a snowshoe around the perimeter trail. When we got out of the track into untouched snow, it was a few inches shy of my knees (that combines all snow in the past 72 hours) and halfway up her body in a standing position. Man, does she love the snow!!! Didn't ski today but taking the dog out for a snow shoe sure made up for that at least partially.

ChileMass

In Northboro, MA the 3-day total is:

Friday - 8 inches
Saturday - 4 inches
Sunday - 12 inches

So a total of around 2 feet for the weekend. It's definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas......

Greg

Staff member
In Northboro, MA the 3-day total is:

Friday - 8 inches
Saturday - 4 inches
Sunday - 12 inches

So a total of around 2 feet for the weekend. It's definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas......

Wow! We got about 10" on Friday with another inch or so yesterday and 5 more today. It's been cloudy cold and snowy since Friday afternoon. Such a beautiful weekend. Almost felt like we lived in NNE this weekend. I hope this is a trend for the winter.

deadheadskier

Staff member
At least five inches in seacoast NH area from the latest round. Dumping about an inch and hour for the past two here.

I'll give an unofficial total of today's storm at 16 inches so far here in on the NH seacoast. Right now it's just swirling flurries.

I'll be working from home tomorrow, the fiance has to get to work. As we live in a condo complex,
since I made the post quoted above, I've gone out to clear off and move the fiance's car twice as the plow trucks have come through. First time was around 7pm and there was an additional 8 inches of snow on her car. Second time was just now and there was another 3 inches.

There was no car parked in this spot when I went out to my car this morning at 9.

12-21_snow_001.jpg

Close up of the salt/sand barrel at the bottom of the stairs that leads up to our building

12-21_snow_002.jpg

her car dusted/shoveled off, ready to go.......unless we get more

12-21_snow_003.jpg

:snow:

tcharron

*grumbles* Just got done replowing half our driveway. I swear the wind blew ALL the snow I plowed last night right back where it was the minute I closed the door last night.

WJenness

At the Sugarloaf base this morning:
12-22-08ruler.jpg

Reporting as much as 32" up high!!!

Too bad everything will probably be on WH there today.

-w

wa-loaf

We've gotten a good 2ft+ since Friday here. Lots of drifting today . . .