• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This thing is evil, jeezum

ctenidae

Huh...

I use Jeebus in terms of a warning. "Doing X activity makes the Baby Jeebus cry" etc...

That was the original useage (found, I believe in a 1642 text on Diocesan Convention regulations). It has since come to be acceptable as a mild curse, such as "Jeebus, that chicken pot pie is hot!"

Is it possible for Jesus to bake a chicken pot pie so hot that even He couldn't eat it?

Paul

That was the original useage (found, I believe in a 1642 text on Diocesan Convention regulations). It has since come to be acceptable as a mild curse, such as "Jeebus, that chicken pot pie is hot!"

Is it possible for Jesus to bake a chicken pot pie so hot that even He couldn't eat it?

Yes, but not so hot that Chuck Norris couldn't.

bvibert

Staff member
I can see you need some coaching here. Often jeezum is used in low-adrenaline situations:

Opening bills that were a bit higher than you expected

Commenting on poor weather

When you lift something heavy

etc

Nah, all those would result in at least the s-word, if not a f-bomb in our house... :eek: