• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Too Funny - Another Panic attack over 1-3"

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
It never ends.

Tough commute expected Wednesday morning

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2008/12/light_snow_expe.html
Notice the title, then notice the URL above, "light snow expected"
Then read the stupid reader comments

I suggest instead of flaming about cigs and helmets, we all go over there and add our own perspective. :-o Go git your milk an bread now! :uzi:

STUPID SAMPLER BELOW:

"I'm moving to Maui...this is stupid."

"New Englad is a wonderful place....6 months out of the year. The other six are nothing but a hassle, and a true burden to working famlies."

"There is nothing worse than listening to people who live in New England complain about the snow...it snows for 5 months of the year!"

"What are the early estimates on the snow totals for Friday? Are we talking FEET instead of inches? Also, I hear we could be getting another storm on Sunday..."

"time to move to dubai..."

"1-3 FEET Friday
1-2 MORE FEET Sunday" (now THAT's inflammatory - where did that dude get his info???)

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
It used to drive my family and me NUTS when the forecast called for snow and people lost their fu*&%ng minds! I grew up not too far outside of Boston, MA and in high school I worked at a supermarket, and I mean when they called for 3-6 inches of snow people lost it!! I remember lines going around the store to the check outs. The store manager would be on the PA saying things like, 'Welcome to Disneyland, from the deli counter the time to the cash register is about 20 minutes, etc., etc. People stocked up like they were going on a three month expedition!

It was the same Hurricanes Gloria and Bob..... people stocked huge amounts of milk and frozen foods for a tropical storm that would knock out power. And yes, they would try to return the spoiled food two days later

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Want to hear something funny? I actually did run out of milk before the storm and forgot to get more on my way home tonight. :eek: :eek: :eek: Whatever will I do??? :lol:

WJenness

Lame commute to work this morning... my usual 20 minute ride took almost an hour. I never got out of third gear, a majority of my drive was spent in 1st or 2nd.

2-3 inches at home, less at work (I commute south about 20 minutes)... Saw 1 Ford Mustang in the ditch in the median of Route 3, and getting to Route 3 this morning there was some dolt in a Pontiac Grand Am who thought it was really cool that every time he floored it, his car slid... so he kept doing this in front of me... I was hoping he would slide off the road, but he didn't... just slammed on the brakes and then did it again... douche.

-w

thetrailboss

Staff member
The hype phenomenon only occurs in the Boston metro area for some reason. I don't know why.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
The hype phenomenon only occurs in the Boston metro area for some reason. I don't know why.

Too many eggheads thinking too much. I'm dead serious. There comes a point of over-analysis. Like standing atop a chute, I can't think about it too much before I go. "Just do it!"

My commute observations:

* Mini Cooper is not a good winter vehicle on unplowed roads. The one in front of me kept bottoming out.

* Good tools in unskilled hands are useless. F150, high ground clearance 4x4, snow tires, crept along at 20 mph on local roads for about 7 miles...

* Leaving extra early does not guarantee you'll miss the newbie snow drivers. A very young lady backed into me at an intersection and did a scrape-a-roo. She was so nervous I just told her not to worry about it.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Nah, it happens around here, too.

As for what we'll do, I guess we'll go without milk for one day. It's icy outside this morning. Snow doesn't scare me; I'm not loading the kids into the car to drive down the hill in ice, though.

It happens here in PA as well..I can't wait to watch the 11 o'clock news..there will definitely be live team coverage tomorrow from plowed mall parking lots..lol

WJenness

A different kind of panic attack for today's 8-12"...

everyone stayed home... the roads were EMPTY on my way to work this morning.

Great for me, less people to deal with getting to Wa this afternoon.

Bring on the poe!

-w