• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

TR: 3 nights in paradise

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Thanks again for your help earlier this year in finding a place for a getaway. Brian and I went to NOW Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa in Puerto Morelos, Mexico last weekend for 3 nights of indulgence without the kids. Ahhhh.... Puerto Morelos was a charming town--unfortunately, we had no time to check it out properly but I would like to go back. The resort was fantastic. All inclusive, gorgeous rooms, delicious food, great service, wonderful location. The beach, while public property, is isolated with only one resort on the other side, removed by a marina and breakwall, and nothing on the other side. So it was quiet. Getting drinks served to us at our beach chairs was pretty nice, too. :beer:

Getting home was interesting... long story short, our plane leaving Cancun was broken upon arrival in the airport but they loaded us on anyway hoping they could get away with taking off. They were grounded, kept us on the plane for nearly 2 hours while they tried to fix it, then had to bring in another plane from Miami. We missed our connecting flight, had to stay in Dallas overnight, and got maybe 5 hrs of sleep before we had to head back to the airport to come home. Yeah, fun. At least the rest of the weekend was wonderful.

Photos...as usual, there are a lot:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/carrievibert/sets/72157624138677266/

A few of my favorites:

The view from our room
4641399541_c8dd67c0dd.jpg

View from our other balcony at night
4641321343_fb28de8c48.jpg

4642042992_9586968ca4.jpg

4641444469_f1d45502f4.jpg

Uncrowded bliss
4642069348_3283183b08.jpg

Happiness!
4641520577_b72acfaa5e.jpg

Wish we could have stayed more than 3 nights but I'm so glad we went!

Website
maps.google.com
Thanks again for your help earlier this year in finding a place for a getaway. Brian and I went to NOW Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa in Puerto Morelos, Mexico last weekend for 3 nights of indulgence without the kids. Ahhhh.... Puerto Morelos was a charming town--unfortunately, we had no time to check it out properly but I would like to go back. The resort was fantastic. All inclusive, gorgeous rooms, delicious food, great service, wonderful location. The beach, while public property, is isolated with only one resort on the other side, removed by a marina and breakwall, and nothing on the other side. So it was quiet. Getting drinks served to us at our beach chairs was pretty nice, too. :beer:

Getting home was interesting... long story short, our plane leaving Cancun was broken upon arrival in the airport but they loaded us on anyway hoping they could get away with taking off. They were grounded, kept us on the plane for nearly 2 hours while they tried to fix it, then had to bring in another plane from Miami. We missed our connecting flight, had to stay in Dallas overnight, and got maybe 5 hrs of sleep before we had to head back to the airport to come home. Yeah, fun. At least the rest of the weekend was wonderful.

Photos...as usual, there are a lot:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/carrievibert/sets/72157624138677266/

A few of my favorites:

The view from our room
4641399541_c8dd67c0dd.jpg

View from our other balcony at night
4641321343_fb28de8c48.jpg

4642042992_9586968ca4.jpg

4641444469_f1d45502f4.jpg

Uncrowded bliss
4642069348_3283183b08.jpg

Happiness!
4641520577_b72acfaa5e.jpg

Wish we could have stayed more than 3 nights but I'm so glad we went!

sick:beer:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Hey, if anyone is going to Mexico again, I could use some more 1921 Tequila reposado. Didn't realize it's only available in 7 states back home. Bastards!!!! This TSA 3.4oz carry on limit is a real bitch!

Warp Daddy

looked thru the larger photo gallery -- Man looks like Mr. B got one farkin wicked Mexican sunburn - ouch !

But the place looks really nice and what the hell it was worth getting a little sunburn :D:D

BackLoafRiver

Glad you guys had a nice weekend getaway. The pictures are stunning. It's especially cool to see water that blue.

3 days seems like a nice amount of time to recharge the batteries a bit.

bvibert

Staff member
looked thru the larger photo gallery -- Man looks like Mr. B got one farkin wicked Mexican sunburn - ouch !

But the place looks really nice and what the hell it was worth getting a little sunburn :D:D

Yeah, I got freaking roasted. That was mostly from the first day when I used multiple applications of SPF30. The next day I still got even more burned using SPF70. Next time I'm wearing long sleeves and pants, and I'm going to buy a big ass sombrero to cover my head.

But, yes, it was worth getting burnt.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I am quite peely now from getting burned as well (though not as much as B did). People weren't kidding when they warned me before heading down! (And sunscreen costs around $16 at the resort, so that was an OUCH on top of the sun-induced OUCH...) Still, it was a wonderful trip. Getting home was a mess with the flight issues, but the time at the resort was wonderfully relaxing. I miss room service and going into restaurants and ordering whatever I want without a bill at the end. :D

Warp Daddy

Kinda makes u wonder bout those damn SPF numbers !!

But B ,,, i do have one honkin big sombrero my son got me in Cabo so i'm using that sucker this summer and 4 damn sure if /when we visit Mexico

:D:D Heal /Peel well guys

thetrailboss

Staff member
I'm not seeing much skiing..... ;) Should have gone to Squaw Valley and relaxed after some runs in Shirley Bowl. They are opening this weekend.