• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tremblant

highpeaksdrifter

Three seasons ago my family and I did Feb. vacation there. My wife and daughter loved it, village, shops, etc. The mountain itself was actually better then I hoped. All in all we had a very nice time.

The last couple of years I’ve been hearing the place is in a downslide. The planned expansion is on hold, striking employees, less snowmaking, lifts in disrepair, and a possible sale by Interwest.

Anybody have any opinions or knowledge about what’s the deal there?

kingslug

Had a very interesting experience there a few years ago. First day was SOLID ice, second day warmed up and got pretty good, third day was very warm and the bumps got huge. A pretty good time for around $40.00 a day and thats with 2 meals and hotel included!

Sky

Back when RSN was functional, there was a guy posting as JamesBond007. He seemed like he had good info. But there was always someone heckling him on the Sugar Bush forum.

Anyway...he started his own website regarding Trembalnt (www.tremblant-insider.com). He is not sponsored (or he wasn't sponsored, or claimed not to be...whatever). If you are looking for inside info...ask him. Retired US military.

Bkroon9175

Skied there last year after the strike. Less snow that previous three trips but still had a blast. I didn't feel that Tremblant had changed much last year as compared to previous years.

SkiDork

is JB007/Russell registered here? He's one of the most inside Tremblant insiders I know...

highpeaksdrifter

SkiDork said:
is JB007/Russell registered here? He's one of the most inside Tremblant insiders I know...

I've seen him on the Barking Bear and the old RSN, but not here I don't think. He seems like a good guy, when I read his posts on his Tremblant-insider site it seems he has had alot of personnel problems, which he seems to be overcoming thank goodness. When I was planning my family vacation at Tremblant he was very helpful.

kingslug

BeanoNYC said:
Where did you find that deal?

Can't remember the exact name but I doubt they still have that deal. It was a 150 year old hotel about 15 minutes away. Our room was on a slant it was so old, but the food was great.

gladerider

I've been skiing Tremblant for the last 4 years during the Presidents week. With the strike I was worried, but things were very normal. I heard a few complaints just after the strike, but by the time I got there things were pretty normal.
I heard that many employees really felt that they were going to lose their jobs. Got shafted by the union, so to speak. So, after losing many weeks of paychecks, they wanted to save their jobs. I think they finally realized: no business = no job.
Service level was visibly better, IMO.
Had a blast.....