• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Two-way tolls are back on I-95 in Hampton, NH

thetrailboss

Staff member
I thought that they were doing this only during the height of the summer tourist season?

David Metsky

Website
www.hikethewhites.com
NH is going to FASTPASS, hopefully by next year. I think Hampton is the first in line for the switch, eventually the Concord tolls will get it too. The same system that is used in MA and NY will work in NH.

-dave-

Jim W

Dave,
Could you educate me on the FASTPASS thing?
Is it something we pay for upfront? Or some type of credit card?
Will Hampton continue with the "experiment" next year regarding double charge on northbound and no charge on southbound?
Thanks, Professor Metsky.
Jim

skijay

The Fast Lane / EZ Pass makes going to the Berkshires via I-91 / I-90 at exit 4 bearable, especially around the holiday season. Even though the tolls are free from exit 2 - 6, It is a big time saver.

I purchased one a while back and I had to pay a premium becuase I lived in CT. I do not know if that has changed. I think it was about $75 because I live in CT. To be able to use the Fast Lane pass at the Hampton toll would be a major timesaver on a summer Saturday going to York Beach, ME and back!