• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ugh

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
I was stunned by those same windmills in Germany. They were HUGE. And yet, as you say, they "seemed" to fit.

Though I'd imagine it'd be different to the residents whoa re used to the landscape with out them. Progress has it's price.

-Stephen

JimG.

Staff member
Stephen said:
And yet, as you say, they "seemed" to fit.

I've been to Germany several times, I've seen those windmills. I think they seem to fit because Germany is so polluted and disgusting anyway. In Cologne, I was shocked at the brown color and disgusting smell of the Rhine river, that is when I could smell it over the pungent and stinging smell of all the chemical plants there. Most of the creeks and streams in Germany are barren of any aquatic life because of organic pollution and acid rain. And speaking of acid rain, it has destroyed the Black forest. Don't even mention the former East Germany.

I'm no tree hugger either, and my background is German so it isn't a nationality thing, but the Germans have ruined their country.

JimG.

Staff member
uphillklimber said:
I am surprised to hear you say that Germany is so polluted and disgusting.

Maybe it was the areas I visited; I was on a mostly business trip so maybe I was just near the industrialized areas. These places were horrible.

However, I did spend a few days at a hunting lodge in Bavaria and that was beautiful.