• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ultimate Ski Car

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
jon-olssons-audi2.jpeg

Features:

• 600 gram heave weave Carbon Fiber panels
  • Lightweight racing-grade Makrolon glass
  • Ugraded R8 V-10 to 600+ horsepower
  • Custom roof-top ski box; featuring ski boot warmer and LED lighting
  • 10 layer clear coat
  • Lightweight leather racing seats
  • PPI Steering wheel
  • Personal Jon Olsson Logo in seats and carbon fiber threshold plates
  • ADV.1 wheels
  • Overall, shaved 550 lbs. from cars overall weight – ending up at a mere 1,320 lbs. total weight

http://www.theskichannel.com/news/20120501/drive-like-a-pro-jon-olssons-audi-r8-razor-gtr/

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
that audi is pretty damn sweet. if i could have any car the Audi R8 would definitely be near the top of my list.

bvibert

Staff member
The R8 is an awesome car, and the one above sounds pretty damn cool, but it looks ridiculous with that ski box on top. Don't get me wrong, I'd jump at the chance to drive it, but I think it looks dumb.

I'd also jump at the chance to take that Subbie for a spin!

x10003q

bvibert

Staff member
How's that one handle on 93 up to Cannon?

Depends on how much snow is on the road...

I believe those treads are rubber, so it might be better than you think, but I'm sure it would still be a rough ride. Somehow I doubt the tracks would hold up well at highway speeds on asphalt though.

bigbog

I think you mean 1320 kg for the weight. The curb weight for a new R8 is around 3400 lb.

While this is a great design and a super car, I would rather have another Audi car for skiing:

More of a resort vehicle I guess:lol:, but I don't think I'd want to be out in a late-winter thunderstorm with the carbon-fiber, with its attractiveness to lightning strike, on top.
*BoyOhBoy...Block's Trax STI could make the As-the-crow-flies-shortcut-to-SL possible...except for property owner's fences:lol: + its ability to make it thru woods and cross the Kennebec:lol:

Last edited: