• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Upcoming storm and weekend: where are folks going?

Abominable

Yeah Gore discounts are hard to come by. I have 6 Bogos but they can only be used Thursday. I have the Empire Card, definitely takes the edge off. The terrain and conditions usually warrant the ticket price IMO.

59 bucks at Pricechopper is the best I can find so far. Thinking about cheap lodging in Lake George or 100 bucks near the hill.

Will be riding solo. I'll pm my number to a couple of you if I make this happen. Corn - looking forward to the full woods report!

SIKSKIER

The high winds did play havoc with some ski areas today.While I was checking lift operations at multible areas today I saw this from the top of Mt Washington and thought it was very ironic.Only 18 mph?Wow!

[h=1]Mount Washington Weather Center[/h]Webcams
Summit Conditions – 9:30 AM, Thu.
TempWindGustW. Chill
-9.8°F315° (NW), 18.2 mph-33.9°F
METAR *
METAR KMWN 131256Z 32013KT 1/16SM -SN FZFG VV002 M23/M23 RMK VRY LGT

Puck it

The high winds did play havoc with some ski areas today.While I was checking lift operations at multible areas today I saw this from the top of Mt Washington and thought it was very ironic.Only 18 mph?Wow!

Mount Washington Weather Center

Webcams
Summit Conditions – 9:30 AM, Thu.
Temp
Wind
Gust
W. Chill
-9.8°F
315° (NW), 18.2 mph
-33.9°F
METAR *
METAR KMWN 131256Z 32013KT 1/16SM -SN FZFG VV002 M23/M23 RMK VRY LGT

I should have made the drive today!!!!!

soposkier

Saturday is when I'll be using the Gore BOGO I scored in my, "The 2013/14 Lift ticket, ski voucher, BOGO, and coupon trading thread".

But yeah, one of the reasons that last year was the first time I ever skied Gore was the fact it's nearly impossible to find deals there.

Success!

ScottySkis

Plan is Burke then Cannon with my son and grandson who will be on spring break ,but not till tues /thurs .

However our neighbors wife who is a very close friend died very unexpectedly last nite so we may have a funeral instead . We have also opened up our home to their family from Ireland and Cali who will be here whenever the funeral is planned . SOOO , its a wait. N' see
I am really sorry about loss of your friends., condulences.

Maybe i ski Hunter Sat. warm soft snow just a little rain.

Warp Daddy

I am really sorry about loss of your friends., condulences.

Maybe i ski Hunter Sat. warm soft snow just a little rain.

Thanks Scotty !! UR a good dude !, This lady was a close friend and i feel very sad for her husband a vietnam era vet who hada very distinguished service record . She was HIS rock and he will need support so thats what friends are for .

Hope u have a great time at HUNTAH !! Tomorrow i will slay 18 inches of blizzard pow at Titus :thumbup:

MadMadWorld

Thanks Scotty !! UR a good dude !, This lady was a close friend and i feel very sad for her husband a vietnam era vet who hada very distinguished service record . She was HIS rock and he will need support so thats what friends are for .

Hope u have a great time at HUNTAH !! Tomorrow i will slay 18 inches of blizzard pow at Titus :thumbup:

You're a good man. Sometimes there are more important things than skiing.....Not many but a few.