• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Verizon vs Sprint vs ATT vs T-Mobile

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
The hard reality is that in this day and age, very little (if any new R&D) is going into new, "basic" (non-smart phones) since such a huge percentage of the market wants smartphones

And I want a smart phone, just don't want a data package or minimal data package. I presently have a LG Env Touch, got it without a data package. I'm now told that if I want to "upgrade" to a refurbished Touch, I have to get a $10 data package, why? I have to imagine the same is true with other phones. Is there really any reason for a required data package other then the carriers can get away with forcing it on consumers?

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I'm in the same boat (currently VZW with a dumb phone looking to possibly upgrade). The Sprint unlimited plan really appeals to me, because I think it's an all-or-nothing deal. Once I get a smartphone, the flood gates will open and I won't be able to limit myself. I'm just wary of their network. I can't imagine anywhere in North Jersey not being covered, but I do live in a fairly rural area (for NJ). Also concerned about NH where my parents live. Same thing as where I live, they're outside of Manchester so it's not "rural" but they do have VZW issues at their house.

Glenn

There's alot of really unhappy AT&T customers at Mount Snow - very spotty service at best. Although the rumor in the Mount Snow area is that an AT&T exec recently bought a place there and that there will be a dramatic improvement in AT&T service soon ;)

Mitz and I took a look at the tower and tower building that's near the top of Tumbleweed. There's a lot of work going on there; looks like some cable is being run and they either installed a new generator or fenced around it. I gotta go bump that thread on the passholder's site.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
No poll?

I think if you want to get a 4G phone at some point Verizon is way faster than anything else. I've been with them for a long time (2002, I think). I've always been happy with the service, even though it's fairly expensive.

I wonder how the AT&T acquisition of T-mobile will play out.