• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VPR's "Vermont Edition" Discusses Backcountry Skiing with David Goodman

caddis

Thanks for sharing. Thought they could have done a better job distinguishing between Backcountry Skiing and Out of Bounds. In my mind they are two unrelated topics.

People who get lost and need SAR because they ducked the ropes give the public the impression that all of us in the backcountry are ill prepared.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Thanks for sharing. Thought they could have done a better job distinguishing between Backcountry Skiing and Out of Bounds. In my mind they are two unrelated topics.

People who get lost and need SAR because they ducked the ropes give the public the impression that all of us in the backcountry are ill prepared.

On that point, near the end of the program, Goodman (I believe) stated that the Stowe SAR has only rescued folks who were skiing out of bounds and not those who accessed the BC prepared for what it had.

TheBEast

Thanks for the link. Will definitely take a listen. Another good podcast about outdoor adventures is the Dirtbag Diaries. Check it out. Good stuff.

skidmarks

Great show thanks for sharing!
I agree that there is no good BC skiing in VT!!

NewYearsBC2011_099_1.jpg