• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vtbc 1-11-10

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Hell yeah! The only envy i have for 2 plankers is the quicker transitions without having to remove the boards... but then again, you can always smoke them on the way down... :spread:

I couldn't imagine how slow it would be to explore w/o the ability to deskin and traverse. You can cover so much ground that way vs. skinning across....or trying to hold a high traverse line in the steep tight woods on a snowboard. This and skiing terraced terrain are the two big advantages for me....transition time is not really a big deal....alot of skiiers are slow.

Mullen

I couldn't imagine how slow it would be to explore w/o the ability to deskin and traverse. You can cover so much ground that way vs. skinning across....or trying to hold a high traverse line in the steep tight woods on a snowboard. This and skiing terraced terrain are the two big advantages for me....transition time is not really a big deal....alot of skiiers are slow.

Your right about that. High tight woods traverses are always tough on a board. I've only been out on the split board a few times and still have a lot to learn when it comes to having my feet separated. I really prefer the slackcountry on a snowboard much less work.