• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

walking to strengthen feet & achilles??

Website
maps.google.com
this is what my illustrious training staff have advised me to do....i been walking a mile on a cement walk way in the park everyday or so in adidas superstars with cushioned adidas socks....my lower back has really felt it....i train my lower back & abbs every other day....i think my back is not use to cement....right hip feeling it too....lots of stretching....

gw_man_walking_man_walking_500.jpg

Warp Daddy

BB-----walking is fine BUT seriously GET OFF CEMENT and stay on the grass or tarmac

--been there done that for my achilles which were sore as hell for yrs

Stretch too . You also may be experiencing some hip bursitis from the sounds of it , have your orthopod ck it out

Website
maps.google.com
BB-----walking is fine BUT seriously GET OFF CEMENT and stay on the grass or tarmac

--been there done that for my achilles which were sore as hell for yrs

Stretch too . You also may be experiencing some hip bursitis from the sounds of it , have your orthopod ck it out

i walked today on the grass/dirt next to the cement path & it felt much better....i noticed after 1-2 days of walking that my feet & achilles got stronger....u think id get anymore from those skin sandals type shoes
44a3d718-0ad1-4ef7-87f7-aa365f231835.jpg
versus my adidas sneakers?? my local shop that sells them says they r much better than sneakers....

ctenidae

I'm a little intrigued by those sandals. Snazzy.

And, Australian rapelling is probably awesome for your abs. Not so good for your face if you slip, though.

Black Phantom

i walked today on the grass/dirt next to the cement path & it felt much better....i noticed after 1-2 days of walking that my feet & achilles got stronger....u think id get anymore from those skin sandals type shoes
44a3d718-0ad1-4ef7-87f7-aa365f231835.jpg
versus my adidas sneakers?? my local shop that sells them says they r much better than sneakers....

you would be better off walking barefoot than in those Adidas that you are wearing. Have you been using the golf ball? that will work wonders to loosen up the calf.

5 fingers are very good products. check them out.

Last edited: