• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Waterville 12-23-11

Date skied: December, 23, 2011
Resort: Waterville
Conditions: Packed Powder/ Powder

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a late start today and got out on the slopes just before 11 a.m. I had checked the forecast last night and they were slated to get 1 inch of snow overnight, official measurement ended up being 8 inches. NBD

0122.JPG

0141.JPG

The guns were blasting on Tippi and White Caps all day. They needed this snow and it couldn't have come in at a better time. I spent the day lapping Tippi and And Tyler Too. The snow was heavy but not wet and there was a lot of it! Even at 12 I was finding a good amount of powder and a few spots of untracked. Such a drastic change from the beginning of the week. Towards the end of the day they shut the snowguns off and the snow started firming up but conditions held out. Valley run was open but I never made it over there. I did get up to High Country for a top to bottom run to finish the day off.

The only downer for the whole day was the Peppermint Mocha I got from dunkin doughnuts that tasted like regular coffee, but that doesn't matter with the first powder day of the season!

0043.JPG

0052.JPG

019.JPG