• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Website for Vintage Gear????

deadheadskier

Staff member
Okay, maybe not 'vintage', that was simply an attempt to get your attention ;)

As mentioned in Greg's 'Out for Delivery' thread, I was about to and now have received a basically 'new' pair of 'old' skis. There either 2001 or 2002 Volkl P40 SL Racing skis, 188cm. I'm psyched to have them because I really don't have something in the quiver for the rock hard ice coast days that are inevitable (this statement despite the ridiculously great start to the season with great fresh snow).

I guess all that matters is to get out on the hill and rip em', BUT it would be kind of cool to read a review about the ski.

It also got me thinking, wouldn't it be cool to read reviews about all skis going way back. I've been reading about skis in ski reviews in Ski and Skiing magazine since the mid-80's. I wonder how well the magazines are archived?

I imagine there are libraries out there that have the magazine archived on microfeish (sp?). Wouldn't it be cool though to be able to read online all the old ski magazines? The only reason I would desire to is to look back nostagicly on all of the skis I've ridden and read what the testers were saying about them at the time they were 'new'.