• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend thread..last weekend in July..

Not Working! Half a day today, then off tomorrow to Sunday! Not sure what I'll be doing but a bike ride or two will be done.

GSS, you're moving out of your old apartment, gee, and here I thought you still live with your folks for some reason, silly me :grin::lol::spin::razz:

Good luck with the new place!

Yeah right..do you really think my parents would let me live with them...lol..The last time I lived with them was 4 years ago when I returned from Montana and that was for just a few months..it's tough to bring a chick back to your parents house..lol

Paul

Putting in the joists to the deck I'm building. Mowing the lawn. Other deck-building activities...

Greg

Staff member
not at the Light House Inn on West Dennis Beach? That would be too weird. That's where I worked those two seasons. body/surf board won't do you much good there, but a windsurfer would....they held the world championships there one of the years I was working there.

Nope, but ironically, we stay about a 1/2 mile away from there - off Uncle Stephen's Road.

Word to the wise....go across cape to the bayside at least once to check out Chapin Beach. At low tide, you can literally walk out a half a mile. You're kids will love it. There are also HUGE dunes on the beach. When I was living there 14 years ago, you used to be allowed to climb them, but not anymore. You also used to be able take jeeps out on that beach. Me and my buddy's would do 'helicopters' jumping off the dunes as dry land training for ski season :grin:

Yeah, we've been out there before. Really cool as you said at low tide especially around sunset.

ComeBackMudPuddles

Saturday: Trip to Babies 'R' Us to buy a bunch of stuff for baby #2 (due in September).

Sunday: Putting together that bunch of stuff while watching Yanks/Red Sox.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Yeah right..do you really think my parents would let me live with them...lol..The last time I lived with them was 4 years ago when I returned from Montana and that was for just a few months..it's tough to bring a chick back to your parents house..lol

So where you moving? Bigger? Better? Further from work? Closer to work? Setting up shop at the cemetery entrance? We need details?

So where you moving? Bigger? Better? Further from work? Closer to work? Setting up shop at the cemetery entrance? We need details?

I have no clue...somewhere within a few blocks of where I currently live. An apartment complex 2 blocks away looks nice. My place is under 2 miles from work..and 18 miles from Blue mountain and I don't want to be further from either place. My apartment is pretty gross so I want to start with a clean slate. Everybody is bugging me to buy a house but for a little 200k fixer upper the combination of my mortgage and taxes would be almost double as much as my rent...I'd have to use up alot of savings on a down payment..plus I would have to either pay a monthly maintenence fee if I lived in a condo or have to mow the lawn/hire a landscaper if I bought a house. That would leave me with way less money for skiing and fun stuff. Plus I'm just myself so I don't need an entire house..I'm happy with an apartment...and if anything maintenence wise is needed it's included in the rent. It's nice to not have to shovel and mow..plus having water, garbage and heat included is a major plus.

Not to worry..one day when I meet a special lady to become Mrs. GrilledSteezeSandwich..we'll combine our incomes and buy a steezy suburban house with a white picket fence.

I'm throwing out all my furniture and buying all new stuff from Ikea..I've had all my furniture for the past 4 years and it owes me nothing..

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Everybody is bugging me to buy a house but for a little 200k fixer upper the combination of my mortgage and taxes would be almost double as much as my rent...I'd have to use up alot of savings on a down payment..plus I would have to either pay a monthly maintenence fee if I lived in a condo or have to mow the lawn/hire a landscaper if I bought a house.

I'm throwing out all my furniture and buying all new stuff from Ikea..I've had all my furniture for the past 4 years and it owes me nothing..

I agree, these have got to be the worst times ever to buy a house. Between taxes and insurance and mortgage, don't see it happening.

With regards to the furniture, do it the AZ way and have some fun! :) http://forums.alpinezone.com/28354-how-move-az-way.html?highlight=moving

thetrailboss

Staff member
Good luck, that blows. I knocked out PA/NJ over 3 days. After that ordeal, I vowed never to be tested for anything again.......EVER!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. I am getting very, very tired, but still at it. Will get some much needed rest on Sunday night and Monday, before the test on Tuesday and Wednesday.

ComeBackMudPuddles

Thanks. I am getting very, very tired, but still at it. Will get some much needed rest on Sunday night and Monday, before the test on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Good call to take a little break beforehand to clear the head.....It's not like the last few hours will get you over the hump if you aren't already there, so, IMHO, it's more useful to mentally and physically prepare yourself for the test.

Oh, and good luck!

ccskier

not at the Light House Inn on West Dennis Beach? That would be too weird. That's where I worked those two seasons. body/surf board won't do you much good there, but a windsurfer would....they held the world championships there one of the years I was working there.

Word to the wise....go across cape to the bayside at least once to check out Chapin Beach. At low tide, you can literally walk out a half a mile. You're kids will love it. There are also HUGE dunes on the beach. When I was living there 14 years ago, you used to be allowed to climb them, but not anymore. You also used to be able take jeeps out on that beach. Me and my buddy's would do 'helicopters' jumping off the dunes as dry land training for ski season :grin:

Greg,

If you follow dhs's advice, go to the beaches on the Northside of the Cape, the south side beaches suck. Wizz warm sea weedy water and too many yahoos. If you are staying in West Dennis, hit up Clancy's fish n chips on lower county road, good food, kid friendly place. If you go over to the other side of town to Chapin beach, hit up Chapin's restaraunt, sister restaraunt to Clancy's. Only go out to eat mid week, you will spend your weekends waiting in line. If you guys can go out to eat with out the kids, hit up Gerardi's Cafe in South/West Yarmouth, right near Bass River Sports World. You will need a reservation, but worth every bite. For a few beers in your neck of the woods, hit up the wooden shoe, always a classic. Enjoy the Cape, if you need a guide hit me up.

Grassi21

ccskier I'll be up there last week in August, camping out in North Truro. Where do you live?

might be up there one of those weekends at the end of august. we should try to meet up, maybe hit p-town?